The last Blu-ray you watched.

liebherr954

• 5 months later...

50295546223_60a3dec11a_k.jpg

Booya!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Victor Hugo's (les misérables, the hunchback of notre-dame) The Man who Laughs

A fantastic Social/class distinction narrative by one of the greats... The influence on the Joker character is unmistakable.

cache.php?img=https%3A%2F%2Flive.staticf

Despite being a relatively early silent film, there are a number of really great shots in the film... specifically those involving Duchess Josiana character, her eyes are memorizing.

wol_error.gif This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 641x799.

cache.php?img=https%3A%2F%2Flive.staticf

Unlike the book, everyone lives happily ever after... I think I would have preferred the original book ending where both main protagonists die.

On 2/29/2020 at 3:20 AM, ClumbzeeB said:

I recently watched Gemini Man on Bluray.  I thought it had some good action scenes and i enjoyed the movie.

It's my new 4K standard for Hi Res Cinematography and incredible special effects of the face. You must watch the included HD Blue Ray to see the "making of" and you WILL be impressed!

The latest BluRay I viewed was over at my son's new home theater that we still have under construction: He popped in a 4K copy of the newly-remastered, 'Top Gun". On his 82" Samsung QLED display, we were simply amazed by the breathtaking picture quality and detail they have been able to recapture. And the sound track, which is now mixed for Dolby Atmos, is a definite improvement over the now-ancient, original release. There is now much better steering of the sound stage, deeper bass and improved definition, especially in the dialogue. However, the engineers kind of overdid the surround echo tracks during the dialogue-only scenes taking place below-decks, aboard the ship. It actually can be annoying at times. We even tried adjusting the surround channel levels during the movie, but to little avail. But, let's face it: For a movie released in 1986, this was one of the very first movies that actually started the whole "Home Theater Craze"! Overall, for 'Top Gun' fans, the disc is a must have! It was almost like viewing the movie again, for the first time, only better! - Glenn

• Like 1

Another new release... Caro Diario (Dear Diary)

50333905957_2c4811fd1e_k.jpg

This is a beautiful semi-autobiographical light comedy that follows (the Director) Nanni Moretti as he crosses parts of the Italian countryside making entries into his personal diary.

I find these types of films that live between the margins of traditional movie making, quite rewarding and very enjoyable.

Moretti won the Palme d'Or for best director for 1993

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Tenet... despite only having 5.1 mix it was pretty good IMO with some great LFE.  Have to watch a few more times tho to get the plot. :)

• Like 1

Quirky period art film around the time of the demise of the Austro-Hungarian Empire

When I wake laughing in the middle of the night, it's a good sign.....I think.

cover.jpg

Flag of a almost forgotten Super Power....

Flag_of_Austria-Hungary_(1869-1918).svg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1