The last Blu-ray you watched.

liebherr954

On 9/1/2016 at 0:13 PM, derrickdj1 said:

The Jungle Book: This movied surprised me.  It was not a boring remake of the original.  The actor thay played Mowgli was very good and should be up for an award but, that won't happen since he is not well know.  The characters were all well developed and the cinematorgrahy was excellent along with the computer graphics.

This is a great family movie!  Excellent use of speacial effect and great surround sound to boot.

j6N9CwAAQBAJ.jpg

+1!  

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Captain America Civil War:  For marvel comic fans, this is a very good chapter in the sequel.  Several new charactesr are part of the Avengers this time.  Lots of action and great surround action. Love, friendship and betrayal are all put to the test for the Avengers. This is a DTS film and Atmos is not missed in the Neo X format.

Image result for captain america civil war

• Like 1

Last night I watched Metallica's concert movie.  For about the 100th time.  I amuse myself by people watching the crowd.  I mostly just like the music but I notice somebody different in the crowd every time.  There's the old stoner chick that looks like a blonde female version of Keith Richards.  There's the cut guy who wants everybody to see him with his shirt off.  There's the blonde who obviously wants to have relations with Robert.  There's a couple of guys who realize they're on camera and suddenly try to act cool.  There's the guy that looks like Zach de la Rocha and seems to realize he went to the wrong concert due to not being into the music.  It's stupid but it's fun.  I do the same thing with Pink's concert.  There's the purple haired chick, the cancer victim singing her heart out, the creepy older guy who enjoyed kissing her hand entirely too much, etc. :)  

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Did not like the Jungle Book.  Too much CGI, green vegetation was often neon, went from dark cave scenes to super bright look straight at the sun scenes, most of it was really really dark, not very many vivid colors just lots of earth tones, the sound was weak, had to turn it up like 5 db higher than usual.  Bass wasn't very impressive, kinda like they only knew how to mix in 40 hz.  There was one real good low thump but that was about the only thing that was memorable.  Just not very enjoyable. 

27 minutes ago, MetropolisLakeOutfitters said:

Did not like the Jungle Book.  Too much CGI, green vegetation was often neon, went from dark cave scenes to super bright look straight at the sun scenes, most of it was really really dark, not very many vivid colors just lots of earth tones, the sound was weak, had to turn it up like 5 db higher than usual.  Bass wasn't very impressive, kinda like they only knew how to mix in 40 hz.  There was one real good low thump but that was about the only thing that was memorable.  Just not very enjoyable. 

I'm surprised to hear that impression of the movie.  You and I must have seen different version of the movie.  But, different people just like different things in a film.

13 hours ago, derrickdj1 said:

I'm surprised to hear that impression of the movie.  You and I must have seen different version of the movie.  But, different people just like different things in a film.

I need to watch it again while I still have it rented I guess.  Half of my complaints may be due to me mowing in a dusty environment for 3 hours, plus 16:9 works best when there's not a lot of movement.  All the dark scenes really strained my eyes and the action scenes had quite a bit of movement at times, I was uncomfortable due to eye strain.  The close-ups of the animals were really neat though.  

Actually something may be up with my calibration.  I had my projector calibrated the day before I watched the Jungle Book.  Watched Spectre last night and it was the same effect.   Two huge movies in a row shouldn't be uncomfortable.  Should have been spot on which is why I was complaining but something is going on.  I switched to the "natural" mode and it was way better.  Basically bright white outdoor scenes are ramping up way too high, it's like a light torch.  Found myself shielding my eyes with my hands last night, which is stupid, shouldn't be required.  Going to have to turn down the aperture I suppose.  Hopefully that will fix it and I won't discover that my calibration touch-up wasn't a waste.  

2 hours ago, MetropolisLakeOutfitters said:

Actually something may be up with my calibration.  I had my projector calibrated the day before I watched the Jungle Book.  Watched Spectre last night and it was the same effect.   Two huge movies in a row shouldn't be uncomfortable.  Should have been spot on which is why I was complaining but something is going on.  I switched to the "natural" mode and it was way better.  Basically bright white outdoor scenes are ramping up way too high, it's like a light torch.  Found myself shielding my eyes with my hands last night, which is stupid, shouldn't be required.  Going to have to turn down the aperture I suppose.  Hopefully that will fix it and I won't discover that my calibration touch-up wasn't a waste.  

I sometimes wonder if the BD disk companies pay attention to visual standards that produce the intended effect with a properly calibrated projector.  They sometimes don't with sound standards.  

43 minutes ago, garyrc said:

I sometimes wonder if the BD disk companies pay attention to visual standards that produce the intended effect with a properly calibrated projector.  They sometimes don't with sound standards.  

I called my calibrator to ask about this... he basically said it's correct, turn the aperture down if you don't like it. :)  The natural mode on my projector is comfortable but there's nothing accurate about it at all, they crank up the red and blue in the gamma settings.  

• Like 1