The last Blu-ray you watched.

liebherr954

Good movie.  It cracks me up everytime I watch it.

Yeah, back in the day I had just seen Lock, Stock & 2 Smoking Barrels. It was the first time I'd seen Jason Statham. Then saw he was in Sn@tch & had to get it. It's hilarious. Guy Ritchie hasn't done much, but I always enjoyed those 2 movies.  Although...Lock-Stock pretty much need sub-titles all the way thru (lol).

Both are great!!!  I struggle understanding them in Lock, Stock as well.  

• Like 1

Aside from Fight Club & ******, I just never found any of Brad Pitt's performances to be believable. I'll have to check out Fury sometime. 

Brad Pitt has gotten to where he has this predictable inquisitive smart-*** dialect style very similar to George Clooney.  It dawned on me while watching 12 years a slave.  In his speaking parts they are all the same anymore.  Fight Club was different.  George is worse but it's still the same.  Watch O Brother Where Art Thou and you'll get the same kind of feeling as when you watch Gravity and listen to him babble.  It's a striking difference between this and say Jake Gyllenhaal, who can be Spiderman in one movie then turn around and do NightCrawlers, or Heath Ledger who is a *** cowboy in one movie then turns into the Joker.  George and Brad more or less just play the same parts with different outfits on comparatively.  

Edited by MetropolisLakeOutfitters
  • Like 1

Since we were talking about Guy Ritchie & Jason Statham... I had to break this out tonight.

Craig before his Bond days. This one is a fun, crazy ride & it was never a breakout hit here in the US.

Statham is replacing Daniel Craig for the upcoming sequel Viva La Madness.

RgJGppP.jpg

That's putting it nicely. Didn't like AoE, all most liked it less that DoTM. It's a shame they let Bay direct these past RoTF.

funny how different people like movies. I was expecting terrible when I watched it. Me and the wife loved it. Not as good as first but dang close

That's putting it nicely. Didn't like AoE, all most liked it less that DoTM. It's a shame they let Bay direct these past RoTF.

funny how different people like movies. I was expecting terrible when I watched it. Me and the wife loved it. Not as good as first but dang close
Yeah. I'll have to re-watch it I guess. But, I just remember thinking; "when will this end?" I really like Mark Walberg, but didn't like his role in this at all. Will give it another view when I get a free 3 hours. [emoji1]

Liked 1, 2 was a mess but still fun. 3 was outstanding, and 4 was a mess, probably worse than 2. Still fun and I own all.

As a transformers/comic nerd, I tend to get miff'd when people like Bay do dumb stuff with established characters.

Yeah I thought it was so-so, though I didn't expect much after what I'd heard and read. It wasn't terrible and was generally entertaining. All in all a decent popcorn flick. It is a very good movie to give the system a workout though.

I've probably owned this for a year or more and was never sure I wanted to watch it.  I love Johnny Depp and Tim Burton's works, but I wasn't sure how this would be.  The wife wanted to watch it last night, so we did.

Well, it was great.  It has some great 3D effects, like when Alice falls down the rabbit hole and near the end, a butterfly comes out of the screen and nearly touches the wife and I.  Just WOW!   I don't have any experience with the book or any other "Alice In Wonderland" Movies.  So this was my only experience with "Alice". 

It is rated "PG" and has some scenes that might scare younger watchers, but if you have older kids (10 or above) I think they may enjoy it.

Alice%20In%20Wonderland_zpsll9wnmuq.jpg

Highly recommended in 3D....   bravo.gif

(I have active 3D glasses, with the Oppo 105D and 60" Samsung TV)

Dennie

• Like 1

This is always a good one. Great story. Great movie.

ziuc2cC.jpg

That's a great movie. We saw it in the theater years ago.

Not a Blu-Ray but we just saw the new Max Max in the theater. Probably the most visually stunning movie I've seen in forever. And apparently there was very little CG, most of the stunts were real. I think that's why I liked it so much. I usually tire quickly of the action movies these days with all the CG and camera shaking and zooming going on. Especially on something like transformers where you can't even tell what's going on.

This movie just kept going and amazing me the whole way. It was beautifully done. They even had some killer "drum horns" in it.

• Like 1

Mad Max better not let us down! The older ones were cool even way back when. I hope its as good as I'm expecting it.

Worlds Fastest Indian is a great movie. Can any of you guys watch regular DVD now after watching BD? Kinda brutal on some material.

• Like 1