The last Blu-ray you watched.

liebherr954

I did not start to really get into the movie until the 2nd half. The funny thing with the BD I rented, the native audio default was 2.0 stereo. I had to switch it to 7.1. I seen several versions of the Wizard of Oz but, the one with Judy Garland had a special magical quality that viewers have enjoyed for over 70 year. I liked the new one and it is a good family movie.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Moderators

Wow, my son and I just finished watching Snitch. We both REALLY enjoyed it. The Rock's character was incredibly "Real", not the typical undefeatable Rock that we are used to seeing. You see him express fear, sadness, courage, desperation, internal struggle.....just an overall fantastic movie. Great plot, action was not over the top, effects were great and LFE was powerful. Highly recommend this for those that haven't seen it.

post-27215-13819856295872_thumb.jpg

Wow, my son and I just finished watching Snitch. We both REALLY enjoyed it. The Rock's character was incredibly "Real", not the typical undefeatable Rock that we are used to seeing. You see him express fear, sadness, courage, desperation, internal struggle.....just an overall fantastic movie. Great plot, action was not over the top, effects were great and LFE was powerful. Highly recommend this for those that haven't seen it.

Hes a great actor imo and has gotten better and better.

Jack The Giant Slayer: Good family movie with lots of action and some very impressive LFE. There were times that I thought something in the room or the system was going to give out because the LFE effects were so intense.

watched it last night too. it is great movie, one of the best movies of this year. my set up is incomplete, I'm missing subwoofer, but I'm working on it and my first decent sub (BIC F-12) should be araving shortly. but even without sub my F-3 and RC-62 were pushing alot of air. my kid was very exited, wife-almost pissed off. :)

went out to rent today and the wife said "you haven't bought one in a while" lol so because of you youth I now own this movie. Took a gamble. Totally worth it. I miss my military paycheck and lifestyle that allowed me to buy just about every blu ray I wanted that got released every week.

Rented this from Redbox, possible the worst $1.50 I've ever spent.

I rented Cloud Atlas on Video On Demand a couple of months ago. I watched half of it and decided to go to bed, because it was getting late. I never bothered to watch the second half and let the rental expire. The movie was complicated, but in a boring way rather than an interesting way.

Rented this from Redbox, possible the worst $1.50 I've ever spent.

I rented Cloud Atlas on Video On Demand a couple of months ago. I watched half of it and decided to go to bed, because it was getting late. I never bothered to watch the second half and let the rental expire. The movie was complicated, but in a boring way rather than an interesting way.

I rented it from redbox and got only around an hour in (2.5hr movie) and stopped. Really bad imo.

Picked up Alien Anthology the other day. Wife and I watched Aliens last night, very good movie, I hadn't seen it in awhile. It's amazing how well the footage held up when it went through the transition to Blu-Ray, oh and it sounded amazing as well [H]

Picked up Alien Anthology the other day. Wife and I watched Aliens last night, very good movie, I hadn't seen it in awhile. It's amazing how well the footage held up when it went through the transition to Blu-Ray, oh and it sounded amazing as well Cool

I'm assuming that Alien Anthology includes the original Alien of approx. 1979. The DVD of Alien had extremely constricted audio dynamic range, particularly when you-know-what (no spoiler here!) happens. How is the Blu-ray in this regard? At the Northpoint theater in San Francisco, in 70 mm and 6 channel stereo, that moment was about as loud as anything I've heard in a theater. It fairly peeled the paint off the walls. Thirty four years later, if I look carefully, I may still be able to see the fingernail marks on my arm, due to my wife's reaction.