The last Blu-ray you watched.

liebherr954

"Oblivion" last night... Loved it!

I just got a new tv(70"sharp led)oblivion was my first blue Ray to watch on it.very entertaining.I need to read manual on my avr.when I got the volume right for dialog the special effects would make my black lab leave the floor about 18" .do most or any avr's have a feature to adjust some of the difference in volume between the two.

"Oblivion" last night... Loved it!

I just got a new tv(70"sharp led)oblivion was my first blue Ray to watch on it.very entertaining.I need to read manual on my avr.when I got the volume right for dialog the special effects would make my black lab leave the floor about 18" .do most or any avr's have a feature to adjust some of the difference in volume between the two.
Dynamic volume? Not sure if your model has the option, but if it does that's what you are looking for. I usually watch mine on the 'evening' setting when my kid goes to sleep.

I've been lurking around here a bit, but have been looking into car audio more now since I got a new vehicle and the stock system is garbage. Things are going pretty good. I just moved to Aurora, CO for my new job. Unfortunately, I had to get a 1 bedroom apartment for now until my wife can move with me, which should be (hopefully) around 8 months because she just got accepted for a new job as well and has to go to training for 6 months. Because of the 1 bedroom apt, I think I may end up leaving my Klipsch in the boxes until I get a house. Just not a whole lot of room in here so I may just hook up my Harmon Kardon speakers for the living room since they are small and the sub won't boom as much as the SW-115. I haven't quite decided yet. I may also put the RB-81s in my bedroom as a 2 channel setup for the heck of it since I will need some form of entertainment when my kid gets here since she will be sleeping in the living room. Basically, I had signed the lease on the 1 bedroom right before I found out my wife got her new job and was going to be leaving in October. Before we thought she wasn't going to be joining me for quite some time, otherwise I would have got a 2 bedroom. That's life I suppose. Really happy my wife will be getting here sooner than we previously thought tho =^)

We watched this last night, it was a good movie. The audio/video was very good and if you're like me and grew up in the 80's you'll get a kick out of it.

yeah this movie has a killer soundtrack. Not a great story line and super cheesy at time but man it's got some good music in it.

on that note I watched world war z last night with some buddies. Watched the whole movie at 5 below reference. It was awesome. Great sound. Had to recap a few scenes after. There is a part about half way in called the Jerusalem grenade scene. MY GOD! The bass sweep is unreal. I ran it at reference with my subs 6 db hot and was pretty sure my ceiling was gonna cave in lol. Then slept with my shotgun next to my bed all night. Dam zombie movies lol

Not a great story line and super cheesy at time but man it's got some good music in it.

Yeah it's pretty silly but I think it was intended to be funny and poke fun of the whole 80's scene. We enjoyed it and ended up surprised by it.

on that note I watched world war z last night with some buddies. Watched the whole movie at 5 below reference. It was awesome. Great sound. Had to recap a few scenes after. There is a part about half way in called the Jerusalem grenade scene. MY GOD! The bass sweep is unreal. I ran it at reference with my subs 6 db hot and was pretty sure my ceiling was gonna cave in lol. Then slept with my shotgun next to my bed all night. Dam zombie movies lol

Nice, we'll have to check that out tonight or tomorrow night!

Just rented the gear gatsby. Haven't started it yet. Watching the previews at -10 on the main volume. And all previews are playing in stereo. All of em sounded great till the new hobbit showed. It sounded SO HORRIBLE like the speakers were distorting to death. I don't get it. What's up with movies lately and the loudness on them. I heard the new soundtrack is horrible. People blowing tweeters all over the place, headaches from watching it at -15? We have a guy here in Kansas City giving his Blu ray away for free saying he was embarrassed to own it.