The last Blu-ray you watched.

liebherr954

Watched Gravity last night and really enjoyed it. Plot was a little goofy at times, but as noted above great visuals and it had the F20 sub rocking the house. The only down side was my center La Scalas woofer is having trouble. I have noticed it over the last couple of weeks distorting on some stuff but there is a lot of low stuff in gravity and it was making a nasty racket. Ordered a new replacement woofer from Bob this morning. Planning on watching Thor tonight, think I will pull the offending woofer before the show.

Just watched Rush about F1 racing was real good ....did not to get to turn it up to racing levels though. Rick

Watched it last night as well. I was looking for more engine noise. When I was younger I had a cassette of about 20 different high performance engines firing off and revving. The recording quality was very good. It was one of my favorite tapes.

I enjoyed the movie also. I like Ron Howards work.

Edit, some nice boobage too!

Edited by CECAA850

Watched a few 3D movies with the wife; IMAX Under the Sea (my wife thought it was the best 3D she's seen) and Step Up 3D. I've got Prometheus coming in 3D, my guess is I'll be watching that by myself. Watching The Walking Dead S1E1 now, man Rick looks different. LOL

Sent from my iPhone, excuse the typos :)

Sound gets a 7.5. I had to manually EQ everything from 8kHz on up because the sound just seemed a little muffled and lacked vibrancy.

I think it must be those Def Tech's you're running over there. :P

You're about five years or more behind the curve. I think the more likely explanation is that I don't listen anywhere near THX reference levels.

A Good Day To Die Hard - a good rental 3.7/5

helicopter blasting machine gun toward the end at reference was worth the rent for me.

And red dawn 2 was not that great. But the initial fly over in the beginning and crash right after also at reference, again made it worth the rent!

• Like 1

A Good Day To Die Hard - a good rental 3.7/5

helicopter blasting machine gun toward the end at reference was worth the rent for me.

And red dawn 2 was not that great. But the initial fly over in the beginning and crash right after also at reference, again made it worth the rent!

I had to watch A Good Day To Die Hard at -20 due to the extreme bass in the movie. I also was not trying to blast the wife out, lol.

This is a great show, with plenty of star power, including many who sadly are no longer with us. Given the age of the material, the video and sound quality are pretty good, though the audio is "only" in PCM 2.0. Highly recommended for Dylan fans... :emotion-21:

BobDylan.gif

2351_large.jpg

Always good for a few hearty laughs.

Regarding Gravity:

It seemed like she was working this thing like a trick, and it was a distraction.

Agreed. Very reminiscent of 'Speed' at times.

ricktate, on 30 Jan 2014 - 3:44 PM, said: Just watched Rush about F1 racing was real good ....did not to get to turn it up to racing levels though. Rick Watched it last night as well. I was looking for more engine noise.

Try Super Speedway. It's an older IMAX film with some decent high-horsepower formula car recordings.

Just finished watching Hunger Games. The ending was to big a cliffer hanger. I guess I will have to wait for the next one. This is a good rental.

That was our rental last weekend. I thought it was well done, enjoyed it. My youngest daughter has read all three books, she was REALLY into the movie. Squirmed the whole time we had it on.