The last Blu-ray you watched.

liebherr954

mary poppins is when family movies were just plain good movies. things are changing. my son will grow up watching some of my favorites when i was a kid wether he likes it or not. lol.

I appreciate that. My 16 yr old daughter grew up with tons of disney vhs and ran through i wanna say 5 but at least 4 vcrs lol she put her food in them things lol

My wifes in her theater room now watching some violent movie on dvd may be blue ray idk...

If i show her this for $9 on amazon it will be here monday likely lol...thanks scarppy! Looks cool and cheap :lol:

EDIT: wow 5 stars outta 5 w/835 votes wow!

Edited by beeker

Michael_Jackson%27s_This_Is_It_Poster.JP

this was out forever and i never wanted to even give it a shot and then one day at a AVS gtg someone played a part out of it and i was amazed at the sound quality of it. if you are even a slightest little bit of a fan of his it is a good watch. good music, cool way to see him before he was gone. very well put together IMO

Absolutely...havnt crossed it yet although will for sure. The guys albums rock. Multi millions were spent on anything the guy produced...that equals high quality noise...Nobody likes it when I put that on...some do, although it goes Loud and has a very good range of dynamics...I'll have to snag that br too no doubt...nice reminder!

very well put together IMO
Great pic and audio quality . Not demo material due to the constant breaks but still .

Had it playing during a gathering here with some folks before a midnight movie at the local IMax . They were digging it and asking for repeats .

very well put together IMO
Great pic and audio quality . Not demo material due to the constant breaks but still .

Had it playing during a gathering here with some folks before a midnight movie at the local IMax . They were digging it and asking for repeats .

Glad to get the reminder...Im a fan...not like from japan lol(no offense), do appreciate the very high quality w/mj!

mary poppins is when family movies were just plain good movies. things are changing. my son will grow up watching some of my favorites when i was a kid wether he likes it or not. lol.

Couldn’t agree with you more. Unfortunately the day so of practical effects are nearly gone and there is something that just simply can’t be captured with CGI that way. I will also make my kids watch things that I grew up on like using real blood squibs in something like Predator or real sets and effects in films like Raiders of the lost ark. I enjoy movies as much as the next guy and like a lot of the new quality films and even TV shows like the walking dead but I prefer a blend of the CGI with practical effects rather than CGI everything. CGI say in the new planet of the apes is definitely incredible and a good use of it and I know some things need it to bring worlds to life but I wish they would keep Stan Winston’s notebook by their side during some of the new creative process. Something like Pumpkinhead would just not be as effective with even Andy Serkis doing Motion Capture. Wife’s out of town for 4 days so I’m getting some movie watching done this weekend. First up is Master and Commander then the Riddick Trilogy. Also love the way older family movies were as compared to today. anything family today usually results in a animated film which I like but also enjoyed things like the goonies, gremlins, and Mary Poppins etc. Wow long post sorry. Talking about movies gets me going…

Interestingly enough even being a current hoosier, indiana native(originally a buckeye, Ohio) i have never seen IN Jones that i can remember(my mind has not left me yet at least as far as i can remember lol)...i guess i have possibly some of the best movies as you gentlemen post new movies(and old) to indeed look forward too...cheers!