The last Blu-ray you watched.

liebherr954

Mad Max better not let us down! The older ones were cool even way back when. I hope its as good as I'm expecting it.

Oh it won't let you down. Everyone I know who's seen it and the old ones loved it. Basically the same formula. Lots of crazy cars, freaky people, action and a rawness that harks back to the original.

I'm really not the type who likes action for action sake movies, but this one really did it for me. It was just that well done.

• Like 1

Mad Max better not let us down! The older ones were cool even way back when. I hope its as good as I'm expecting it.

Worlds Fastest Indian is a great movie. Can any of you guys watch regular DVD now after watching BD? Kinda brutal on some material.

I still watch a few DVD's from time to time. I have many DVD box sets with full seasons of The Unit,  Deadwood, Soprano's & 24, that I still drag out. There's a few movies that are still not out on Blu-ray yet, such as Brotherhood of the Wolf, my DVD copy still gets played. Luckily my player & display do a great job with up-conversion when needed. But, I've had Blu-ray & HD-DVD since 2006, & I always look forward to the next new release (edit: well... not with HD-DVD lol). I've probably been to the Movie Theater only once or twice in the past 10 years+, I prefer to watch a movie for the first time.... at home.

Edited by Nismo

This one is a zany, chaotic, violent, dark, over the top, action-filled-comedy based on a graphic novel by (UK) creator Mark Millar. Director Matthew Vaughn (also director of Layer Cake, producer of Lock Stock and Two smoking Barrels, and Sn@tch) brought this independent effort to the screen & hits you over the head with its irreverent, unapologetic script. The UK influence is apparent throughout.

I'm a big fan of Chloe Grace Moretz & she is outstanding in the role of Hit-Girl & (at the age of only 13) she steals the show. There's a wildly disparate juxtaposition of the character & the actor that makes her performance unexpected, to put it mildly (lol). Just a year later she elevated her game even more by bringing her talent to a completely opposite (dramatic) role in Scorsese's Hugo. The sequel (Kick-*** 2) fell a bit flat, & lost some of the energy of the first movie, but always enjoy the fresh, bold, story of the original.

YoC6k56.jpg

Saw it today , non stop mayhem ! Highly recommended 

I've only heard great things about the new one, so I can't wait for the release (hopefully Sept/Oct). I already have it on my Amazon Pre-order wish list.

Kickass 2 could have done without Jim Carrey. Just make a movie about Hit Girl and I'd be happy.

Yeah, I was kinda kind earlier. KA2 sucked. Jim Carrey was awful.  Creator Mark Millar recently said he wants to pursue a Hit Girl spin-off.  I hope it gets made & Chloe returns to the role.

http://www.bustle.com/articles/75601-kick-***-turns-5-chlo-grace-moretz-should-have-gotten-a-hit-girl-spin-off-movie-like

Watched Seventh Son the other night and The November Man last night. Neither were great, but I enjoyed them for what they are.

Loved KA, KA2 was awful. You're right, would have been much better if they would have just focused on Hit-Girl

Edited by Rowan611
  • Like 1

Oh it won't let you down. Everyone I know who's seen it and the old ones loved it. Basically the same formula. Lots of crazy cars, freaky people, action and a rawness that harks back to the original.

I'm really not the type who likes action for action sake movies, but this one really did it for me. It was just that well done.

My wife and I went to the 6:20PM showing this past saturday. Not a ton of people, 5 of which walked out after the opening scene(s). I don't know if they were expecting something different? Had never seen the original trilogy? I thought maybe it was ill-timed bathroom breaks, but they never came back.

I sure did enjoy it and will be adding it along side the trilogy in my collection.

• Like 1

Taken 3.  Pretty good but lots of mistakes.  Tips for the directors without giving away any major spoilers, but skip this if you're picky about this:

-------------------

1. If you drive a car through a locked chain link metal fence's gate, it shouldn't look brand new afterwards.  

2. When you have a perfectly good semi-auto rifle in your hands and are about to go up against a guy with the same in a large area, you do not put it down and whip out your dinky pistol.  

3. Cars whose fuel catch on fire should not cause an explosion big enough to just about take out a building.  

4. People who resist arrest, assault a cop and civilians, hack, break into places, kill people, steal cars, impersonate a police officer, hurt people and destroy cars by driving crazy, are not "innocent".  

5. Wiretapping and whatnot by local cops mandates a warrant.  

Taken 3.  Pretty good but lots of mistakes.  Tips for the directors without giving away any major spoilers, but skip this if you're picky about this:

-------------------

1. If you drive a car through a locked chain link metal fence's gate, it shouldn't look brand new afterwards.  

2. When you have a perfectly good semi-auto rifle in your hands and are about to go up against a guy with the same in a large area, you do not put it down and whip out your dinky pistol.  

3. Cars whose fuel catch on fire should not cause an explosion big enough to just about take out a building.  

4. People who resist arrest, assault a cop and civilians, hack, break into places, kill people, steal cars, impersonate a police officer, hurt people and destroy cars by driving crazy, are not "innocent".  

5. Wiretapping and whatnot by local cops mandates a warrant.  

come on man! 3 words for you. IT'S A MOVIE! 

• Like 1

IT'S A MOVIE! 

The best movies don't make blatantly sloppy mistakes over and over.  It's like they don't even care, they're just following a proven formula.  Since we're on the third iteration of this movie, that's probably hard to argue against.  

The best movies don't make blatantly sloppy mistakes over and over.  It's like they don't even care, they're just following a proven formula.  Since we're on the third iteration of this movie, that's probably hard to argue against.  

I enjoyed 1 & 2 for what they were, but passed on T3 once Liam Neeson started barking about America with his anti-gun comments. He even blamed America for the Paris Terrorist attack. Plus,I heard the latest movie was by far the worst of the 3. Makes for an easy pass on my part.

Edited by Nismo