The last Blu-ray you watched.

liebherr954

Bumblebee dies?

Luckily I enjoy Michael Bay & Transformers because this is the best Atmos track available right now.

The 3D is also excellent from start to finish. Probably watched this a dozen times since it came out.

Always a fun way to fill the room. PQ & AQ is outstanding.

ZfvbwKe.jpg

Bumblebee dies?

Your thinking of Game of Thrones. Everybody dies in GoT. I'm sure there was a bumblebee or two in Kings Landing... & I'm pretty sure George R.R. Martin ordered them killed.

Technically Bumblebee from the Transformers isn't a biological being he's a Cybertron, so he cannot die in the traditional sense. He has a "Spark" (or laser-core) & it can be distinguished, making him obsolete or dead.

Occasionally Transformers characters are extinguished... so that Hasbro can introduce new characters to generate new marketing $$$$. Kids gotta get the new toy. (lol)

• Like 1

Going to be awhile before I see Genisys, so this tonight:

hs2u030.jpg

And this tomorrow. With everything that goes on in T2...

I always love when Arnie rides his Harley into the parking garage. Rumble, Rumble....

That and the George Thorogood/shotgun scene.  Good stuff.

cMLN6j8.jpg

Edited by Nismo

Wanted to know before my 9 year old boys see the movie; or not. One loves Bumblebee.

But, can't get a straight answer.

Bumblebee dies?

Your thinking of Game of Thrones. Everybody dies in GoT. I'm sure there was a bumblebee or two in Kings Landing... & I'm pretty sure George R.R. Martin ordered them killed.

Technically Bumblebee from the Transformers isn't a biological being he's a Cybertron, so he cannot die in the traditional sense. He has a "Spark" (or laser-core) & it can be distinguished, making him obsolete or dead.

Occasionally Transformers characters are extinguished... so that Hasbro can introduce new characters to generate new marketing $$$$. Kids gotta get the new toy. (lol)

Wanted to know before my 9 year old boys see the movie; or not. One loves Bumblebee.

But, can't get a straight answer.

No idea what a 9 year old would like. It is rated PG-13... so you'll have to watch it with him. Bring your tissues.

Freelancer:  A rough movie about crooked cops.  I am not giving anything away since this is the theme of the movie from start to finish.  The story inside the movie  is worth watching.  Curits Jackson, Forest Witaker and Robert De niro all provide an excellent performance.  This is not a new movie but, it is decent.

If you follow & enjoy South African Director Neil Blomkamp, then CHAPPiE (his latest project) would have been on your radar. His first film District 9 had a unique (almost uncomfortable ) way "to put you into" the film, almost as if you were there experiencing it thru the news (or thru the character) vs. watching it. Most sci-fi films are these grand, epic  stories far off in the distant future, filled with non-stop (almost cartoon) CGI. With District 9 & CHAPPiE, Blomkamp goes the opposite direction, purposely making the story much smaller & his CGI elements are intended to blend in & be believable. He takes current, real world, settings & fast forwards the world we know just far enough into the future, that the sci-fi elements of the story seem common place & a normal part of everyday life. 

I wasn't sure what to expect with CHAPPiE, it certainly went into directions I wasn't expecting (this one is Rated R, & is not for kids, this is not a "cute-kids-robot" movie). But from start to finish it had Blomkamp's signature style (quirky, fresh, off-beat, sometimes dark, & violent). I like both the character & the character design of CHAPPiE, I would enjoy seeing him build on that concept in a future sequel. This first effort is not a perfect film (the acting is kinda lack luster), but it certainly had elements that were enjoyable & offered concepts with "AI" that made you think.

If you happened to like District 9, then you might also enjoy CHAPPiE.

v3m9asF.jpg

Edited by Nismo

Watched CHAPPiE again for a second time. Even though there was something oddly familiar with CHAPPiE (the character), I had completely missed it with the first viewing. What I missed was revealed in the extra features... which was yet another connection to District 9. Genius. No wonder I enjoyed CHAPPiE (the character) so much. The extra features also revealed the CGI & Mo-Cap which made the movie even more impressive.  Later this weekend going to watch District 9 again, where Sharlto originally stole the show.

m5VIs93.jpg

Watched CHAPPiE again for a second time. Even though there was something oddly familiar with CHAPPiE (the character), I had completely missed it with the first viewing. What I missed was revealed in the extra features... which was yet another connection to District 9. Genius. No wonder I enjoyed CHAPPiE (the character) so much. The extra features also revealed the CGI & Mo-Cap which made the movie even more impressive.  Later this weekend going to watch District 9 again, where Sharlto originally stole the show.

m5VIs93.jpg

Just looking at the cover made me hate that movie.

A extended holiday weekend with family & friends, the younger kids had fun with these 3 picks.

Marketing wasn't the best for this animated film, you think the movie is one thing going in (at least I did)... when it turns out that it's actually a much larger ensemble/origin story (based on a Marvel Comic from the late 90's). I could have enjoyed it more, if was more like WALL-E, where the story was focused on just a few central characters. Admittedly I thought it was a movie about a big white robot named "Big Hero 6"... that's not his name, (lol) Big Hero 6 actually refers to something else. The kids liked it, I'll have to watch it again (for the story it is vs. the story I thought it was) to see if it holds up. PQ & AQ are first rate, lots of high energy action throughout.

9Su6lNb.jpg

This one surprised me. I wasn't sure if I'd like The Croods... but it was actually a fun adventure story with great animation, really enjoyed this one. The 3D is outstanding (same for the PQ & AQ), the cast of characters were funny & enjoyable as we followed them on their journey into the "new world". Good family comedy for all ages. 

QGqfk7M.jpg

And finally AVATAR in 3D. PQ & AQ is obviously excellent.  (IMO) Cameron is waiting a bit too long for the upcoming sequels, it was fun at first, hopefully the concept will remain fresh for the new installments. AVATAR is always a crowd pleaser & the demo worthy 3D version is still fun to watch.

6YbBwqM.jpg

Edited by Nismo
  • Like 2