The last Blu-ray you watched.

liebherr954

Pacific Rim is kinda of a mixed bag—for every thing it gets right—it does just as many things that fall short. Great concept with killer SFX, the opening 17 minutes is always a fun to watch. The demo worthy 3D version is incredibly vivid, highly detailed and really captures the enormous sense of scale with the Jaegers & Kaiju (Robot Mechs & Monsters). Idris Elba delivers a strong performance, everyone else not so much. Director Guillermo de Toro always bring a tremendous level of creativity & vision with his films (Pan's Labyrinth, Hellboy), hopefully the upcoming sequel will build on the strengths of this first effort.

HKBhB8O.jpg

Not my cup of tea, but impressive sound.  My subwoofer almost expired.  The couch bounced.  If we had old-fashioned plaster, it would have cracked.

• Like 1

Pacific Rim is kinda of a mixed bag—for every thing it gets right—it does just as many things that fall short. Great concept with killer SFX, the opening 17 minutes is always a fun to watch. The demo worthy 3D version is incredibly vivid, highly detailed and really captures the enormous sense of scale with the Jaegers & Kaiju (Robot Mechs & Monsters). Idris Elba delivers a strong performance, everyone else not so much. Director Guillermo de Toro always bring a tremendous level of creativity & vision with his films (Pan's Labyrinth, Hellboy), hopefully the upcoming sequel will build on the strengths of this first effort.

Not my cup of tea, but impressive sound.  My subwoofer almost expired.  The couch bounced.  If we had old-fashioned plaster, it would have cracked.

I agree... the LFE & AQ in general is most excellent with Pacific Rim. The acting, directing & certain characters... not so excellent. Still fun demo worthy material.

FURY: watched all the special features first.

Spent nearly 16 years in a Tank Battalion.

Can't fathom what those GI Tankers went through. We had the M1A1, superior to anything we might come up against. They had, for the most part, the M4A3E8 (AT BEST), inferior to Panthers & Tigers!

(Yes, I'm aware of a few Pershing Tanks.)

post-56565-0-65260000-1437786666_thumb.j

Edited by Sancho Panza
  • Like 2

Been watching a lot of this over the past few days. Good stuff.

Atmos fully active is nice & my display ain't too bad either.

GwHpfl.jpg

WNzIrA.jpg

xszWPT.jpg

LfzsLp.jpg

0xzGST.jpg

jjr0js.jpg

UlxusZ.jpg

pics look good. Do you not care for dynamic eq? I used to hate it and was dead set against it but now I love it. Keeps me from turning the volume up so high. Or having to run subs hot.
  • Like 2