The last Blu-ray you watched.

liebherr954

Finally saw San Andreas. Minor nits that don't give away anything... Must he do everything?  Fly the helicopter, hit the autopilot button and jump out to the rescue, really?  Weren't there two SAR techs in the back seat, so the second one could have gone out?  At the end, that boat propeller was indestructible! And it never tangled up any debris either.  Ah well. There are much bigger gaps in the movie, but those little things bothered me.

• Like 1

Jurassic World:  Great PQ and SQ on the Bluray.  I seen the movie in the theater and did not care for it.  This was a much better experience and will be a purchase in a month or two for $7-9.

I just saw this the other day also. It was the BR version. My Denon decoded it as Dolby Digital Master. Picture was great but there was some dialog issues for me. I had to turn on dialog level adjust and set it at -4.5 db. I checked other movies and did not have the same problem. Weird

Great flick though. We saw it in theaters when it came out.

Underworld Awakening:  I forgot how good this one was in the Underworld series.  Very dark with lots of action.  A bass monster for sure in the sound effect.  Luckily, the wife was not home.  This movie knocked some posts/pan out of the cabinets upstairs and moved quit a few things.  After a quick cleanup, the rooms look perfect, LMAO.

post-50685-0-92260000-1446753019_thumb.j

post-50685-0-34220000-1446753060.gif

Edited by derrickdj1
  • Like 1

Much like the guest & visitors to Jurassic World... I think I'd like to have my money back. Didn't care for the movie at all. It seemed derivative, repetitive, & unoriginal. Reminded me of a bad Sci-fi Channel movie on TV with poor casting & poor acting. For well over a year all I heard was... "Chris Pratt, he's so amazing, today's latest action star". Really? I didn't get that at all. Can't think of one character that was interesting or that I wanted to root for (most were extremely dumb). I was bored watching it. Oh well.   

G1orWT.jpg

• Like 1

PIXELS. This was probably my favorite movie that I’ve ever seen on my system. I suppose I identify with Adam Sandler’s character WAYYY too much. I’m an old arcade and Atari nerd, can get up to level 32 on Galaga on a single quarter. I too like finding the patterns and exploiting them, and hate the newest generation of games where everything is random, which is why I refuse to play Call of Duty online. This is a central theme to the movie but some people probably won’t get it. There’s lots of old games that show up, space invaders, joust, pac-man, galaga, centipede, Q-bert, etc. Plenty of LFE, pac-man destroying the city is cool. Plenty of nostalgic pop-culture references like Fantasy Island. I rented it because I figured it would suck and didn't want to buy it if so, but I loved it.

Interestingly, it seems that very few other people like it, like on Rotten Tomatoes, it had a very bad score. Kinda makes me think that you’d have to be an old gamer or younger kid with a more open mind to appreciate it. Some of the reviews were like “I’m 14 and hated it”. Well, of course you did.

Edited by MetropolisLakeOutfitters
  • Like 3

Much like the guest & visitors to Jurassic World... I think I'd like to have my money back. Didn't care for the movie at all. It seemed derivative, repetitive, & unoriginal. Reminded me of a bad Sci-fi Channel movie on TV with poor casting & poor acting. For well over a year all I heard was... "Chris Pratt, he's so amazing, today's latest action star". Really? I didn't get that at all. Can't think of one character that was interesting or that I wanted to root for (most were extremely dumb). I was bored watching it. Oh well.

Silliness. This movie is awesome. Chris Pratt is awesome in an old school way. The scene with him and the raptors with the motorcycle is one of the best scenes in movie history. They did a good job of taking the original franchise and updating it for modern times, while giving plenty of nods to the older movies such as bringing back the jeeps. Easily my kids favorite movie period. Having some other fans over tomorrow night, they invited themselves because they wanted to see it on my system. Bonus: Jimmy Buffett is in it.

Only thing that wasn't cool was that it is WAY more violent than the originals. I don't care but I've got a 6 year old who is into it. There's ways of planting the idea of violence without actually showing the gore and blood. The original did a better job of this. I was shocked with a few scenes but we're fans of the original trilogy and are used to that. By modern standards it's nothing that out of the ordinary.

Edited by MetropolisLakeOutfitters

There’s lots of old games that show up, space invaders, joust, pac-man, galaga, centipede, Q-bert, etc.

Wow, that brings back a lot of memories. Hanging out at the convenience store with a couple of buddies on the arcade machines.

Joust was always my favorite until I figured out the trick for high scores. Got pretty boring after that tho.... I'll give that a rental next weekend.

• Like 1

Silliness. This movie is awesome. Chris Pratt is awesome in an old school way. The scene with him and the raptors with the motorcycle is one of the best scenes in movie history. They did a good job of taking the original franchise and updating it for modern times, while giving plenty of nods to the older movies such as bringing back the jeeps. Easily my kids favorite movie period. Having some other fans over tomorrow night, they invited themselves because they wanted to see it on my system. Bonus: Jimmy Buffett is in it.

Only thing that wasn't cool was that it is WAY more violent than the originals. I don't care but I've got a 6 year old who is into it. There's ways of planting the idea of violence without actually showing the gore and blood. The original did a better job of this. I was shocked with a few scenes but we're fans of the original trilogy and are used to that. By modern standards it's nothing that out of the ordinary.

Scene after scene, every character on the screen was trying to out dumb each other. When man eating dino was running loose killing everything in sight & VIP kids were missing... an hour later (despite a heavily staffed central command & communication center, security cameras everywhere), 2 bored military guards saw the kids approaching & they looked at each other confused, & had no clue of what was going on.

You could have replaced the real "Chris Pratt" with a cardboard cutout of "Chris Pratt" and received a better performance with more emotion, energy & likability.   Oh yeah... how exactly did the redhead manage to keep outrunning dinosaurs?? (LOL) It was like one of those cheesy parody movies, I had to fight the urge to fast forward more than once.