The last Blu-ray you watched.

liebherr954

Funny how this forum has become a part of my life. I literally drove to Minnesota and have met kapsnb01. And then Rowan611 has totally been to my theater and heard all my gear. And you guys live only a few hours from each other and have never met lol. This is such a great hobby. It has made me a lot of friends over the last couple years.

Yeah. It would be nice to try and work a plan to meet. I'm more than willing to drive on up! I know we're entering the crazy season, so if next year works better???

Just got the Thorens up and running. It still needs a good cleaning, but The Dark Side Of The Moon is sounding great.

6f5181ed4452e9936d8eb72ef58e115c.jpg

Please ignore the messy craft room, as this where my wife and kids have at it. I don't get to enjoy this system much these days, so this is kind of a treat.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Funny how this forum has become a part of my life. I literally drove to Minnesota and have met kapsnb01. And then Rowan611 has totally been to my theater and heard all my gear. And you guys live only a few hours from each other and have never met lol. This is such a great hobby. It has made me a lot of friends over the last couple years.

Yeah. It would be nice to try and work a plan to meet. I'm more than willing to drive on up! I know we're entering the crazy season, so if next year works better???

I think that'd be fun also.  Probably right in that it'd be best to plan something for after New Year's.  Mr. Due, you're certainly welcome to join...maybe we can crank the Epic's up a little bit.

I think that'd be fun also. Probably right in that it'd be best to plan something for after New Year's. Mr. Due, you're certainly welcome to join...maybe we can crank the Epic's up a little bit.
Sounds like a plan.

Did watch Empire last night. Didn't mind the new scenes in it. Actually, didn't look like there were any new scenes different from the 2004 DVDs. Although its been years since I've watched those versions. Return tonight. Excited.

Edited by Rowan611

I agree Genysis wasn't that great. However, the audio was fantastic. I thought I heard some clipping here and there, specifically in the center channel. But, it still sounded fantastic. The clipping wasn't Godzilla bad.

Edited by Rowan611
  • Like 1

Well, I have high hopes for 2019... when we might finally have a great Terminator movie again. The Terminator was James Cameron's baby (based in part from a dream he had). However, since (at the time) Cameron was an unproven, no-name director from Canada... & no studio would allow him to direct the movie (he co-wrote) about time traveling robots. So, in 1984 when Cameron was living in his car... in order to be allowed to direct his project, he agreed to sell the rights to the Terminator... for $1. 

In 2019, Cameron finally gets the rights back to the franchise he created. 1.8 Billion dollars later, and 3 sequels later, in which he had no involvement. The property bounced around from studio to studio for the past 35 years, but soon he will be back in control of the Terminator.

The clipping wasn't Godzilla bad.

I really like this Godzilla and didn't notice any clipping.  It just shows, one guys garbage is another guys treasure, lol.

I enjoyed Godzilla. Could have done without Bryan Cranston's melodramatic over acting, but good battles & destruction. Nice LFE too.

• Like 1

Watched Episode IV last night. Well, the changes weren't awful in this one - except Greedo shooting first and not Han. That still doesn't sit well with me. I think a few scenes are unnecessary and don't add anything to the movie, but don't detract nfrom it either. I will say I've never seen it look so good or sound so good. Nice lower end, very full sounding. Empire is up tonight. I'm really rather enjoying myself with these; having watched the original versions of IV, V, VI just a few months ago.

Somewhat related to Movies, Blu-ray & HT in general. Here's a pretty cool & unique approach that Star Wars fans can hang framed art in the HT. These classic Greek sculpture Star Wars mach-up are the creation of artist (simulated name) Travis Durden. All images are purely Photoshop creations, based on classic marble sculptures from the Louvre. Kinda cool. Prints range from $70-$480 (US) & can be purchased here:

http://www.galerie-sakura.com/ficheproduit.php?photography_ID=1561

64af15f6fcf458ea711a2c15cf7b8d4e.jpg

23f215fdfd2594da609834a42d60901a.jpg

3433a9ddc23c73f47a02bc450144545e.jpg

cda7cd7291cc7402924d3dee51fc68a4.jpg

d86b0c7a42d9bcbcac3f6e0be6083bb5.jpg

The clipping wasn't Godzilla bad.

I really like this Godzilla and didn't notice any clipping.  It just shows, one guys garbage is another guys treasure, lol.

Here:

http://data-bass.ipbhost.com/index.php?/topic/291-godzilla-2014-discussion-poll-closed/

Nube has a link at the bottom of the first post to the clipping measurements taken by MaxMercy.

Watched Episode IV last night. Well, the changes weren't awful in this one - except Greedo shooting first and not Han. That still doesn't sit well with me. I think a few scenes are unnecessary and don't add anything to the movie, but don't detract nfrom it either. I will say I've never seen it look so good or sound so good. Nice lower end, very full sounding. Empire is up tonight. I'm really rather enjoying myself with these; having watched the original versions of IV, V, VI just a few months ago.

Somewhat related to Movies, Blu-ray & HT in general. Here's a pretty cool & unique approach that Star Wars fans can hang framed art in the HT. These classic Greek sculpture Star Wars mach-up are the creation of artist (simulated name) Travis Durden. All images are purely Photoshop creations, based on classic marble sculptures from the Louvre. Kinda cool. Prints range from $70-$480 (US) & can be purchased here:

http://www.galerie-sakura.com/ficheproduit.php?photography_ID=1561

64af15f6fcf458ea711a2c15cf7b8d4e.jpg

23f215fdfd2594da609834a42d60901a.jpg

3433a9ddc23c73f47a02bc450144545e.jpg

cda7cd7291cc7402924d3dee51fc68a4.jpg

d86b0c7a42d9bcbcac3f6e0be6083bb5.jpg

Those are....odd?!?