The Klipsch Audio Community
liebherr954

The last Blu-ray you watched.

the-martian-blu-ray-499x600.jpg

Very good film, family movie as well. Not one for big sound effects but highly enjoyable.

Yeah. The Martian is great. The book is better, but most books are.

Typed on a tiny keyboard, excuse any grammatical errors.

• Like 1

Rowan, I need to see both of those movies.

They're both good; but SOC was very well done. It has been a good couple of weeks for releases, with The Martian, Everest, and Straight Outta Compton. Everest has some really solid bass, nothing ULF, but bass that sounds really good. I actually ordered "Into Thin Air", one of the many books written about what happened on Everest in 1996.

Typed on a tiny keyboard, excuse any grammatical errors.

Edited by Rowan611

Yeah. The Martian is great. The book is better, but most books are.

This is generally true, but, on occasion, the movie is better.  I read The Joy Luck Club before I saw the movie, but the movie was better.  It may have helped that the book's author collaborated on the screenplay.

The Martian sucked... do not want :P

Waaaay off topic but ,

watched the Revenant at a theatre ; gasp , yesterday and WHAT !

That movie wore me out !

BRUTAL

Bought and watched the totally remastered "The Fifth Element" in Dolby Atmos and tuned up video. This classic sci-fi/comedy has been bumped up to reference quality sound and video. I was simply amazed at the improvement.

• Like 1

Just watched "A walk among the tombstones" with Liam Neeson. Pretty good movie. Effects and music wise nothing there but a pretty good storyline.

I also watched "Into the woods" and the 2014 release of "Cinderella" with my wife and kids. Both entertaining and really good surround effects in the flick "Into the woods". Not my type of movies personally but great for the kids.

The other half purchased a copy of Collateral. Soundtrack worthy of Heritage playback. A tasteful blend of The Jackal and Crash.

Michael Mann + James Newton Howard = The complete L.A. home theater experience.

file_542139_collateral.jpg

• Like 1

The other half purchased a copy of Collateral.

Great movie!  Cool Javier Bardem scene.

99% of all Tom Cruise movies have a moment where he's running full bore.

• Like 1

Flyboys:  This one and Red Tails are favorites for watching aerial dogfights.  In those days, fighting in the air in that style was surreal like hand to hand combat.

post-50685-0-50780000-1454296418_thumb.j

Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon: Sword Of Destiny- No big bangs, explosion, bad language, ect.  This film is a masterpiece just like it's predecessor.  Outstanding cinematography, excellent story line, A+.

post-50685-0-30860000-1456490520.jpg

• Like 1

Hotel Transylvania 2: I like the first one and the second is just as good.  :emotion-21:

Secret In Their Eyes: This is an unusual role for Julia Roberts. :emotion-21:

London Has Fallen: An excellent movie with a bit of humor thrown in.  Can't wait to get the BD to see how the LFE are in the movie.

"Room"

"The Danish Girl"

Loved them both. Room made me choke up at least 5 times. The Danish girl had fantastic acting and the inner turmoil as well as the wife showing true unconditional love up until the very end was beautiful.

Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon: Sword Of Destiny- No big bangs, explosion, bad language, ect.  This film is a masterpiece just like it's predecessor.  Outstanding cinematography, excellent story line, A+.

I have been wanting to see this but I just could not see how it could possibly come anywhere close to the original.... which is an absolute masterpiece!

London Has Fallen: An excellent movie with a bit of humor thrown in. Can't wait to get the BD to see how the LFE are in the movie.

How did it compare to the first one?

I usually like the first on in a series of movies but, this one was good.  It is just different.  I don't want to give anything away.