does klipsch still replace the rc-7 horn tweeters

synergyfreak

Since the last RC-7 rolled off the line in 2006 and the warranty was 5 years it is most likely to be out of warranty.

Before I made the deal I'd call Klipsch and see if the replacement tweeter is still available. If it is and the cost isn't too bad you can order it from Klipsch and do the swap yourself. We're only talking a screwdriver here. Even if you have to buy the tools it's bound to be cheaper than shipping a 42 lb. speaker to and from Klipsch. Not to mention the damage risk.

Good luck to you sir. I've never owned one but I've had the pleasure of hearing a couple of RC-7s. They really are spectacular and well worth a few $$ to get usable again.

• 6 years later...
On 9/13/2012 at 10:41 AM, synergyfreak said:

talked to customer service just now said it might just be a loose connection, that when i get the speaker to check them first, and that there is a diaphragm kits thats 100$, you can order, and replace it, the guy thats selling it said it might be a loose connection since it was cutting in and out.

Bought a RC-7 off of Craigslist recently and finally got around to testing it out and got no sound from the tweeter. Of course my first thought was that it was blown but turned out that the ground for the tweeter was disconnected. Glad I searched here before ordering a new diaphragm.