Just purchased RF7ii - banana plugs?

TheFiend1

Hello,

I just upgraded my RF-5 Speakers to the new RF7ii speakers. Really happy with them... so far. I havent plugged them in yet because the plugs ive been using on the previous speakers are Banana plugs that I just stick right in the terminals. The RF7ii's dont have that. I have to twist the terminals open, but it doesnt give me a hole to plug the banana plug into. (in the instructions it says that banana plugs will work)

Am I doing it wrong? :(

Thanks

So you just see black and red caps (like the top left black and lower right red) on all four connectors?

If so, just gently pry out one black cap and one red cap with a small knife. Then you can plug in your banana plugs.

But if you're saying there are no black and red caps, just metal, then I don't know the answer.

• Moderators

I was playing with my daughters RB-75's and the wires had banana plugs, I just popped out the little plugs with my fingernail, worked fine. Make sure the plastic is still tightened down even with banana plugs because the jumper going to the other set would be loose if not.

Hey guys it was definitely caps. I pried them off with a butter knife and behold, female banana plug. Thanks everyone I don't know why I didn't think about that before. I do have one last question, do the rf7 ii's require any burn in time? They sound a little hollow right now.

Thanks again.

• Like 1

Mainly it will be your ears getting accustomed to new speakers. Klipsch's official standing is that all speakers require somewhat of a burn-in. Some have put some music on before they left the house for work or whatever and turned it up pretty loudly to get some hours on them.

Hey guys it was definitely caps. I pried them off with a butter knife and behold, female banana plug. Thanks everyone I don't know why I didn't think about that before. I do have one last question, do the rf7 ii's require any burn in time? They sound a little hollow right now.

Thanks again.

What's your room like? Do you have pictures on the walls? Carpet on the floors? Lot's of furniture in the room?

Your room will have the biggest influence on how the speakers sound and speaker placement will make all the difference. Are they up against the walls? How far are they from the side walls? Are there side walls? Etc...!

BTW Congratulations on the new RF7-II's and welcome to the Family! [<:o)]

Dennie

• Like 1

• 5 years later...
50 minutes ago, cybernaut667 said:

Just purchased RF-35 set, and waiting for them to come .

Do I really need banana plugs?

I only have  neked wires..

Cheers from Greece .

Akis

You definitely do not need Banana plugs. They are good for it you need to unhook your speakers frequently or if your cables come with them but regular cable screwed in is fine.

On 9/24/2012 at 7:31 AM, Dennie said:

What's your room like? Do you have pictures on the walls? Carpet on the floors? Lot's of furniture in the room?

Your room will have the biggest influence on how the speakers sound and speaker placement will make all the difference. Are they up against the walls? How far are they from the side walls? Are there side walls? Etc...!

BTW Congratulations on the new RF7-II's and welcome to the Family! [<:o)]

Dennie

This! Experiment with placement and move them away from side walls.

On 6/9/2018 at 8:22 AM, Boilermaker86 said:

This! Experiment with placement and move them away from side walls.

This.  I found that the KG4 in our bedroom for TV sound needs to be away from side walls, and three inches from the back wall.  Better bass and lower mids.  We can actually hear the dialogue very clearly with this setup.

On 6/7/2018 at 2:48 PM, cybernaut667 said:

Just purchased RF-35 set, and waiting for them to come .

Do I really need banana plugs?

I only have  neked wires..

Cheers from Greece .

Akis

I still have my whole soldering kit atop one of my La Scalas from soldering 12ga ring terminals on for the binding posts on the La Scalas.

I have banana plug socket outputs on my Flame Linear 400 amp, as I heard them called!

John Kuthe...