RF-82 II TO REPLACE FORTE II

ravinathan

Folks,

Just tore a woofer cone on my 18 year old Forte IIs (got another post going on how and if I should replace the cones).

Here I seek advice if a pair of RF-82 II are equivalent in the Bass department to the Forte IIs as they do not come with subs built-in. If no, would I need a separate subwoofer?

Ravi

Folks,

Just tore a woofer cone on my 18 year old Forte IIs (got another post going on how and if I should replace the cones).

Here I seek advice if a pair of RF-82 II are equivalent in the Bass department to the Forte IIs as they do not come with subs built-in. If no, would I need a separate subwoofer?

Ravi

1780_u.jpg

• frequency response 33-24,000 Hz (±3dB)
  • handles 50-150 watts
  • sensitivity 98 dB
  • 8-ohm impedance
  • Tractrix® horn with 1" titanium dome tweeter
  • dual 8" Cerametallic™ woofers
  • bass-reflex (ported) design
  • black ash woodgrain vinyl finish
  • dual binding posts for bi-amping or bi-wiring
  • 13-9/16"W x 43-3/4"H x 16-1/4"D (with feet)

Do you NEED a Sub? No, these will do fine all by themselves!! Would you benefit from a Sub? Yes! But need.....No!

Dennie

I've had these side by side, and the real difference is in the midrange, where forte >> RF82. In the bass, the forte seemed tight and dry compared to the RFs, which were a bit more boomin'. Either digs deep enough for virtually all music. I say repair/replace the woofs, and stay with fortes.

Yes, read that the RF-82 II has two woofers and a tweeter-horn and not sure why no midrange-horn.

What about the RF-7 II midrange?

none of the reference lines have a mid horn

like others have mentioned, with the mid horn that the Forte used (like my old KLF20s) I think the sound can be much better vs the new speakers with just 1 horn.

I like my new speakers for what they are - the size is nice also compared to the KLF20s but the sound is different for sure. So my vote is to replace/repair the passive radiator on the Forte.