Kpt-100

yamafied

I did, but it really does not look much different except somewhat smoother in the 5 to 10 khz area. The titanium diaphragm does not run out past 20khz in this diver like it does in most drivers. But, I think this magnet assembly is smaller than most that can use this diaphragm. Anyway, to me the highs were better and more realistic with the titanium diaphragm.

Bob

Bob, any idea what that nasty dip around 150 Hz is?

Probably just a reflection. I made no attempt to be anechoic in this test, so the bass response would be suspect. Without that dip, FR down to 65hz agrees with factory specs pretty well.

Bob Crites

• 1 month later...
  • 11 months later...

That's it Pete, thanks. I can't post any more pics as I'm so far over the newly imposed "limit".

Carl,

It is a pain in the a$$, but there is a way to get more space. Download FastStone Photo Resizer. Download the original image and re-size it. Upload the image with the same name. I have many 2MB files in my area. Just running the resizer makes them take up 1/10th the space with little image degradation. Keep FastStone handy on your desktop so you can resize files before you upload them.

Hope this helps,

Craig

Thanks Craig, I may do that. The problem I'll have (I believe) is once I resize the image I won't be able to re-post it as I'll still be over the limit. I honestly can't figure out why the new and improved forum can't hold the pics that the old forum did. I've posed the question elsewhere and haven't received an answer. It may be above my pay grade, I don't know. I also don't know why some of the threads from the old forum put 2 and 3 pics in place of the one i posted. I've asked that question and even linked an example but haven't heard back on that either. Then there's members like Boxx (hope you don't mind me mentioning) that show 0 usage and he's got just a couple pics here. Not all of his pics are links either.

I was going to document another sub build in Jan or Feb also but haven't figured out how.

Thanks Craig, I may do that. The problem I'll have (I believe) is once I resize the image I won't be able to re-post it as I'll still be over the limit. I honestly can't figure out why the new and improved forum can't hold the pics that the old forum did. I've posed the question elsewhere and haven't received an answer. It may be above my pay grade, I don't know. I also don't know why some of the threads from the old forum put 2 and 3 pics in place of the one i posted. I've asked that question and even linked an example but haven't heard back on that either. Then there's members like Boxx (hope you don't mind me mentioning) that show 0 usage and he's got just a couple pics here. Not all of his pics are links either.

I was going to document another sub build in Jan or Feb also but haven't figured out how.

I started a new thread:

https://community.klipsch.com/index.php?/topic/147033-resizing-your-attachment-folder/

• 2 years later...

Thank You very much to Mr. Crites!  I modified the crossovers as he suggested and purchased the titanium diaphragm upgrades and installed them. These little babies sound great on my back porch. I mounted them with OmniMounts and angled them down and inward perfectly. The high frequency horn is balanced with the bass driver and very crisp. I do have a BBE processor helping them out as the feed is from Sirius/XM off my theater receiver. I'm going to swap out that processor for another I own that has the subharmonic synthesizer to help round out the bottom end. These speakers play at background levels 95% of the time. Thanks again to Mr. Crites for his thoughts and immense wisdom.

patio.png

• Like 1