Cornwall Bi Amping

Filmseher

I do like tweeking the sound, so I do have an active cross over, and run valve amp for the mid/tweeter and solid state for the woofer. But mine have large format wood horn for the midrange and are a DIY Cornscala. If you have factory Cornwall's then the cross over frequency and driver balance is already taking care of, so you can just stay with the stock cross over and run the entire speaker with a valve amplifier.

I do have 2 inch drivers in my midrange, the Selenium D440 Ti, they do sound sweet, but the orginal atlas mid ranges on your speakers are also very nice sounding. There are several both 1 and 2 inch high quality drivers out there, I don't believe at our wattage there is much of a mechanical need for 2 inch drivers.

But if you plan on jumping in to the DIY and modification game, jump in!!

No where did anyone say he had Atlas mids. They could be any one of a number of manufactures since the OP didn't say what year Cornwall he has.

Since he's talking bi-amping, unless he's going to install a new terminal cup with individual HF and LF connections, I would say he has he has CW III's. but I doubt the III's have Atlas drivers as stock.