Score! RB-75's!

Vital

• Moderators

Hope everything goes fine, they probably will.

They are really nice especially for there size, my daughter has a pair and we have even brought them on vacation with us before to a cabin in the mountains for 10 days over Christmas, connected to a HK 930, just to have music.

Also use them connected to a car stereo and battery for hurricanes when we didn't have power and they were the smallest set we have.

post-11804-13819801793704_thumb.jpg

I've been looking for RB-75's for years. The few times I have seen them pop up they go for way more money than I'm willing to spend. These somehow flew under the radar and when I saw them today they were at $250 or something with only 30 minutes left. I hope they live up to the hype!

Congrats! I'm glad a forum member got those. I was watching that auction.. Almost snatched them myself for the $220 price they stayed at until the last 30 min. Afterwards a pair popped up locally that I picked up just today. I'm listening to them right now and couldn't be happier. I have 4 pair of RF-7's, RF-7II's, RF-83's... Just to name a few. None of them sounded right in my bedroom since I needed to place them against the wall. The RB-75's have the front port, so they're right against it and sound fantastic! I must say, they're a bit large for a bookshelf speaker.

I have a pair of RB-81 ll's but I never added them to my theater room. I like them in my office but believe it or not, I prefer my RB-5 ll's over my RB-81 ll's in my office. It's a smaller room and that may have something to do with it. The room is only 12x14 or so. The RB-5's just sound a little smoother in here.

They came while I was out of town on a marriage retreat with my church. I had them delivered at the local FedEx place and picked them up last night. They are black with a few scuffs but you can't see it in the theater room so no bigge at all. The sound is amazing for a bookshelf. I hooked them up in place of my R/L RF-7 for a little while in the theater room and was very impressed. I will do some a/b comparisons soon between the RB-75, RB-5, RB-81 and Paradigm Studio 20.v2. I have a neat little Monster Cable 4 way speaker selector so it will be easy to swap back and forth. Should be fun!