Thanks Willand

klipshcom

I got some feedback from you a while back when deciding on the floors and asked about the 63's. which you confirmed my choice was a no brainer..well last week i
had an opportunity to purchase some rf7's for 700 dollars pair. I
suppose if i had the room for them i probably would have got
them, my friend however has been up my *** since i got the rf63's and
not in one conversation did he not ask to buy them since then.
Anyway.....i told him about the 7's and of course he jumped on that and now
is the VERY PROUD owner of some rf7s...well to the point now...tonight i
went over to his house to get a demo of these monsters and after
listining to all kinds of music from the cd player...i came home and
turned on my stereo. I am surprised to say that i actually prefer the
63's with a sub (110) to the stand alone 7's...im sure people will call me crazy here
but the 7's are just so boomy and they certainly dont need a sub. (standard size livingrooms) they are very loud and also sound incredible but the
63's are so clean and crisp to me for lack of a better word and like i said the lack of boom compared the the 7's
is made up for with my sub...this is my first comparison to any other
speaker in the "class" and i find myself very thankful for the
advice to get these speakers....so THANKS

I am glad you really like and prefer the RF-63's, they are very refined and accurate. The RF-7's are definitely more "in your face" but really can sound clean and crisp and not boomy with the right setup and in the right room.

I do think the RF-63's have that great musicality because of the easier transition from the smaller woofers(6.5 inch) to the smaller tweeters(1.25 inch) which IMO is close to seamless.

Now that you know what you like, be a friend and help your buddy set up his system better and get rid of that boominess.

Enjoy,

Bill

Hi Klipschom, I was just having some fun and surprised no one jumped in on my comments. Have him move the speakers out 1-2 ft. He may also need something like a large rug/curtains in the room and some type of isolation padding behind the speakers on the wall. If that dose not work knock down the EQ by 3 db in the 60 Hz range. If he is running the tower Large, changing the system to all small in the settings may help. Let us know how this works.