RF-7II and NAD T787

IanOD

I am waiting on a pair of RF 7II's to arrive to use with my NAD T787, I am planning on bi-amping them and using it as a 5.1 receiver instead of 7.1. I'm wondering if this will power them properly? It's 120 watts per channel from what I've been reading so I was thinking that would double the power going to them. If u can't already tell, I'm really new to this whole game as far as the technical aspect of things goes. I'm really hoping I don't have to purchase anything else for the setup. Any help would be greatly appreciated and I can supply any other info that might be necessary...

Ian,

Welcome to the forum.

I am waiting on a pair of RF 7II's to arrive to use with my NAD T787

Great choice in receiver and speakers. I am really enjoying my NAD T175HD pre/pro in my main RF-63 system and my T773 receiver(52lbs) with a pair of Heresy's. The T787 is a beast of a receiver(55lbs) and alone will drive your RF-7II setup. NAD is very musical and their receivers/amp's power ratings are honest(if not conservative).

I am planning on bi-amping them and using it as a 5.1 receiver instead of 7.1. I'm wondering if this will power them properly? It's 120 watts per channel from what I've been reading so I was thinking that would double the power going to them.

Never did the "fool's biamping" before(jury is still out) but I know it won't double the power. IMO, try it the conventional way and then if you feel it is lacking, just add a good 2-channel amp to drive the 7II's.

I just sent you a PM.

Bill