New TV inbound!!!

Shodrewken

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I actually have had quite a few auditions with OLED, one being a samsung prototype and all the others with mobile phones, i think from experience that the brightness on most mobiles were a problem, not sure why but i believe its a limiting factor for the early stages of the technology. Another is the aging issue which they are still having problems resolving atm but i think they have managed to find a way to prolong it but still there are issues where each color ages differently than others which causes accuracy problems.

Wont probably buy the first series but definitely down the road when its perfected i will, it will super seed all current technology's performance wise.

I men't to get some pictures up today, but I didn't get around to it, however I can say without a doubt this is the nicest tv I have ever owned! The colors, the sharpness, the black levels, the SIZE, all of it is awesome. I used the Spears and Munsil blu-ray disk to help with calibration and the picture is fantastic. My buddy helped me wall mount it the day I got it and I have to say, having it wall mounted looks a lot better than having it rest on top of my center channel, like I had with my old tv. No noticeable buzzing, and not a hint of IR. Even the wife said it looked waaaaay better than our old tv. I'll get some pictures up tomorrow.

Sorry this took so long, and sorry for the poor pic quality. I'm gonna have to take some lessons from Youthman on how to take proper pics of my gear [H]

Anyway, here it is....Posted Image

Also Tasdom, anything I can do to help a brotha move along with his HT endeavors [6]

Also Tasdom, anything I can do to help a brotha move along with his HT endeavors Devil

LOL...I just ordered some black trim for my amp.....Thanks for the reminder!

Looks nice bro. Did you rearrange? I remember it differently and maybe setup on the longwall now?

• 2 months later...

So I just wanted to give an update on my Panasonic. I've had this TV for three months now and I cannot be more pleased with this unit. After getting the calibration from BB the picture just blows away anything else I've seen. Blu-rays are simply amazing, and HD content over the air looks really good too, however I've noticed that PQ varies from station to station. Standard definition PQ is pretty good as well, though I hate having the black bars on the side, so I try to watch HD as often as I can. I have gotten some IR every now and then but it always quickly goes away after watching a different channel without static images, and isn't noticeable unless its a completely white, or light colored screen. Still no buzzing to speak as well. The internet features are nifty but I never find myself using them on any regular basis. Though I'm not a big fan of 3D, I must say the 3D movies I've watched look really good, and is a cool feature to show off to friends who haven't seen it before. The sound isn't as bad as I thought it might be, but I have a sound system for that duty. So to conclude this little follow up I am very satisfied with my purchase. I know Panasonic's 60's series are coming out soon, so hopefully the 50 series will start going on sale for those looking to get a great tv for a little bit cheaper.