Anyone familiar with the Marantz 2235b receiver?

D-Rex

I see some sell for $250 and then one sold for over $400 and someone else is asking over $500 for theirs!

Most of these 70's Marantz receivers are all over the board with prices. When I sold my 2252B a month or so ago, used prices ranged from $225.00 to $475.00 on Ebay and C-list. Truthfully, they sell for what someone is wiling to pay.

So, what is the story on these vintage receivers?

Many(including me) think these receivers have something special and IMO, they mate very well with Klipsch Heritage.

Why woudl someone pay that much?

I might pay $250.00 for a 2235B but not $500.00. On the other hand, if I found a very minty 2270 with the walnut case, I might pay $500.00 if I had the extra $$$.

Even though it went to a good home(Michael aka finallygotmyheresies)I kick myself in the behind for selling my "minty" 2252B.[:(]

Bill

Thanks, that sounds pretty reasonable, matching vintage receivers with vintage speakers. I have been thinking that the receivers have been advancing technology would out perform the vintage but I am hearing you say that is not necessarily the case.

"On the other hand, if I found a very minty 2270 with the walnut case, I might pay $500.00 if I had the extra $$$".......................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

I had one of these that still had the protective plastic on the face gone through and gave it to my brother. Along with CD player. No regreats as he now has a fine stereo set up and I'm told he listens to it all the time instead of watching the boobtube.........................Taz