McIntosh will be acquired by Italian company

tube fanatic

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This sounds very promising....

Dunno... Once these comanies start getting juggled around asset companies, there aint much left when they are done. You can never really tell what these guys are up to. Buy the brand and start making them in Taiwan or Mexico, but still charge hand made in USA prices?

It would be nice to see McIntosh under the same corporate umbrella as Klipsch. Doesn't Audiovox still own Klipsch?

Holding companies/investment banks/ ?!?! Capitol etc. have a singular goal and that is profit for the stakeholders. Period.

Some investors like Warren Buffet (who's age portends a different generation of thinking) seem to buy quality companies and let them function much on their own with vastly more resources. However, more often the case is that accountablility to the bottom line trumps product innovation and quality. It really comes down to short term versus long term goals of the current/future managers of the investment. Hopefully the Italians are in it for the long haul, for better or worse, till death do they part.

Remember Luxman.... McIntosh in Costco's or Sam's anyone ?!?.

Ummm....

In case no one has noticed, McIntosh Labs has been part of a holding company for at least the past decade, D&M Holdings which was owned by RHJ International which was acquired by K. K. BCJ-2, a Japanese holding company in 2008. Before that they were acquired by Japanese car audio manufacturer Clarion in 1990. In 2003 Clarion sold McIntosh to D&M.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/D%26M_Holdings

C'est la vie [D]

Ummm....

In case no one has noticed, McIntosh Labs has been part of a holding company for at least the past decade, D&M Holdings which was owned by RHJ International which was acquired by K. K. BCJ-2, a Japanese holding company in 2008. Before that they were acquired by Japanese car audio manufacturer Clarion in 1990. In 2003 Clarion sold McIntosh to D&M.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/D%26M_Holdings

C'est la vie Drinks

I wonder what changes have taken place at mac in the last ten years. I think it may indeed be a good thing the new company is a top shelf audio company. I hope they decide to hold on to it, and keep it predominantly American made.

My buddy in the business sent me this last week and we are in agreement if Mac should be bought by anyone this company would be it, the are all high brow brands and have the horse power to stay afloat. I'm thinking it was a win win situation for bothMusic

I whole heartedly agree. And IMHO, Klipsch missed a great opportunity to acquire Mark Levinson when they went BK. They should have done the ML thing instead of Aragon, but the fate would probably have been the same. Although I must state for the record that when Klipsch finally started showing at trade shows like CES in the 80's they did so with Mark Levinson electronics. And I was told by ML's national sales rep at CES that Mark grew up with Khorns as that is what his father had. The ML-2 was specifically designed with Quad ESL and Khorns in mind.

[;)]

"Well if they move the company to China they should change the name to "Chinatosh"."

I always thought Wal-Mart should be renamed 'the great Wal (Mart) of China'.

I've been to a WM in China. Pretty interesting stores...

Bruce

"Well if they move the company to China they should change the name to "Chinatosh"."

I always thought Wal-Mart should be renamed 'the great Wal (Mart) of China'.

I've been to a WM in China. Pretty interesting stores...

Bruce

I heard they sell a lot of rice and fresh food, they say the Chinese go to the market 3 times a day were as Americans go about 3 times a week so they meet the needs of the Chinese, I think thats kind of cool. I personally try to avoid Wal-mart. I would think like other dealers there are contingencies such as you can't have a dealer with in some many miles of one another, and since you see wal-marts on about every corner these days your wouldn't see McIntosh there, unless you don't have a McIntosh dealer in your area then at least they are bringing one to ya.