Best blu ray player around 500?

Heritage_Head

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Also, importantly, your plasmas refresh rate contributes nary a bit to the lag you're experiencing. All plasmas have the same refresh rate and always have, I'm pretty sure. 600hz. Either way, whether its an old school 60hz LCD or a 600hz plasma. That's not just lag if it isnt coming from the TV (which it probably isnt in your case) it's internet connection speed. Or a networking issue.

My Internet is only 18Mb/Sec, FYI.

^^^I'm sure I will. I have everything hardwired thru my ASUS RT-N56U and have my XBox set to use the most bandwidth when it's connected. My internet connection is pretty decent as you can see below, although at peak times it's obviously a bit lower, but I don't think it ever drops much below 20mb/s. I was just reading about lag compensation which seems to plague the host in MW3, dunno how true that is or if it's what my problem would be...It could also be that I'm in somewhat of a small town, so anytime I connect to games it's probably a ways away from me.

Posted Image

Got the 103. First impression is that the picture seems sharper, even without messing with the settings. I asked my wife cuz I didn't want to think I was just being hopeful, but even after she rolled her eyes at me, she noticed it too, ha ha. So far so good. I need to dig into the settings a bit more.