F.S. RF-7's, RC-7, 2 pairs RS-42 (all have upgraded XO's)

InVeNtOr

hey there,

(original layout) hears the first pic after i did the initial set up.

***all speakers are completely modded. all but the center channel has sonic craft caps. to me, those are the best choice for HT use. they are all matched too! the binding posts on the speakers are changed too. the front 3 have WBT gold, and the surrounds are WBT rhodium. if you care, even the solder is some quad type copper based product. all the connections for the wires are gold plated connectors, only caps and resistors are soldered. the mains have an upgraded inductor for added bass.***

RF-7's will come with the veneer i planned on putting on them (Ebony). i have enough veneer to do the mains, center, and sub. i have the original boxes for these. grills are in OK shape, i think each one has a few pegs missing. of course the cosmetics on the 7's are bad, that's why i have the veneer. i believe i also have the matching Caps from the center channel for these. not 100% sure, but i think i held on to them. modded crossover, cabinet, and horn.

***$1500?? not too sure on price. there is a lot of money in the crossovers and i know they are smoother than RF-7II's. with a veneer job these would be a work of art.

RC-7. they are in good/great shape, maybe a 8 or 9? i have the original box. i believe the grill is in good condition. i think one cone has a faint line in it. not sure when or where that happened. this speaker has Clarity Cap and Jentzen Superior Z caps. this would match the most popular crossover upgrade for the 7's. i also understand if you would still like to keep them all the same.

***$500? looks good, you wouldn't need to veneer this unless you bought the mains and wanted it to match.

S-42 (2 pair). both have upgraded crossovers and binding posts. i have the box for 1 pair. one pair is better than the other. i think on the bottom of one speaker there is a tear on the speaker grill. can't see it unless you pick it up and look at the bottom.

***$425 (with out box)

***$475 (with box)

***$850 (both)

2 ea speaker stands. made from African Mahogany wood. not veneer, solid wood. i think they were 40" tall and were designed to have the RS-42's sitting on them with no visible lip from the speaker stand. that way there was no speaker reflection. i made them, so they look good from 6' away! lol.

***if you want these and buy a pair of the RS-42's, i'll make you a nice offer

Custom built ET center. if you really want something shaped like that. i guess if you had the cash, you could take all the equipement, et center, and wires and would have a nice well put together system. if you find the pics of the wire management on the ET center, this will all make sence.

***$500 it's a long shot, i doubt someone wants this style, but if you are local, i'll do your cable management for FREE!

Emotiva LPA-1 it's 7 channels, 125 watts x 5 channels + 2 x 50 watts. it's in great shape. does have an upgraded Gold IEC inlet.

***$450?

Power cables/RCA cables.depends on what you buy. if u buy gear also, i'll sell these at a CRAZY price. i know most of the power cables i have go for over $500 at most dealers. i'd sell most of them at cost.

HT is 100% opinion. i think everyone would agree my Home Theater system sounds great. i would love to sell the entire set up to one person but i know that is rare and very hard to do. every item is an individual sale, if you like. i live in Yukon Ok (73099), but my gear is in Forney TX (75126). i'll ship anywhere, but the cost is on you. i can possible drive or do a half way meet if you like. basically, within reason, i'll do what ever i can for the buyer.

thanks for your interest......

BTW: the reason for the sale is because i am looking to change my HT to a 3.1. my apt. is too small for 7's. i'm willing to trade for RB-61's and RC-62. (not straigth across of course).

Lol, yep, that's an important detail....lol.

All the gear is boxed up in Dallas (buddys house, in his not used bonus room) but I'm in OKC. Yukon to be specific. So there could be options. At some point I need to go to my house and bring some items to OKC. I could bring the gear with me if needed.

man, i too, hate it when others do this, but this time i simply don't know. there's the extra cost of veneer, complete crossover rebuilds, horn mods, cabinet mods, it really depends on what someone is willing to pay. isn't the normal crossover upgrade around $300 or something like that? i have 7 speakers with those upgrades. i don't know what holds value or what even devalues them. that's why (i know it sucks) someone is going to have to hear them. i personally think they sound amazing, but then, all of klipsch speakers sound amazing.

i'd personally would love to sell the entire set up to someone, take it to their HT room, set it up, tune it in, and know the buyer is 100,000,000% happy. i would take off work if i had to. i know that's a pipe dream because most people just need a few last times to complete their own masterpiece.

i would like to help you, but i don't know what the market is at right now. pm me if you are really interested and let me know what the value is to you.

decided to stop being lazy. added several links to what i have done and some pics. i still have not figured out how people get several pics on 1 post. the only way i can do it is through "paint".

anyways, it was super fun building and tuning this all in. i simply can't use it right now and not too sure if ever. "open" floor plans = sucky HT.

All the gear is boxed up in Dallas (buddys house, in his not used bonus room) but I'm in OKC. Yukon to be specific. So there could be options. At some point I need to go to my house and bring some items to OKC. I could bring the gear with me if needed.

I am not in a position right now to make any offers, but I will be interested in the RF7s and maybe the surrounds when I receive my bonus in March. I know that is still a long ways out but if you want to make sure the RF7s find a safe home then we might be able to make a deal.

But, I like your entire set-up which has inspired me to think about building my own customized component/TV stand with a better wire management system.

I know you have spent an amazing amount of time building this HT and would make a fantastic complete system for someone. Best wishes to you and your sale.

thanks, yeah, it's been a long hard, fun road. now on to a new parth! lol. well maybe out of debt first and owning a home again.....lol

But, I like your entire set-up which has inspired me to think about building my own customized component/TV stand with a better wire management system.

i am glad i can add to the sickness! when i had it built, the guy thought i was crazy. later on we became friends and when he wanted me to set up a HT system for him, he quickly realized how important all the dimensions were. he had to cut a huge hole in is current ET center because his processor was about to melt! he liked the cable management when he came over for an audition.

were you interested in only the RF-7's, and 1 pair of RS-42's? you wouldn't want the RC-7 as well? i'm in no hurry (well, i am, but i know something like this can take a while to sell off). i'm asking because i have an offer for 1 pair of RS-42's right now. (maybe, i didn't make it clear the crossovers were upgraded so i don't know for sure if he wants them).

if you are truly thinking of building an ET center, i can help if you like. i can draw it in CAD so if you like a builder and make it. (i don't have the tools and skill to build my own). if you do, well then i can simply give you a rendered pic of the final product.

i am glad i can add to the sickness! when i had it built, the guy thought i was crazy. later on we became friends and when he wanted me to set up a HT system for him, he quickly realized how important all the dimensions were. he had to cut a huge hole in is current ET center because his processor was about to melt! he liked the cable management when he came over for an audition.

were you interested in only the RF-7's, and 1 pair of RS-42's? you wouldn't want the RC-7 as well? i'm in no hurry (well, i am, but i know something like this can take a while to sell off). i'm asking because i have an offer for 1 pair of RS-42's right now. (maybe, i didn't make it clear the crossovers were upgraded so i don't know for sure if he wants them).

if you are truly thinking of building an ET center, i can help if you like. i can draw it in CAD so if you like a builder and make it. (i don't have the tools and skill to build my own). if you do, well then i can simply give you a rendered pic of the final product.

It was a pleasure chatting with you via e-mail today! Just to answer your questions, I was interested in the RF7s and both pairs of surrounds but the surrounds aren't that important. Of course, if you sell them before I have the money then of course you have to do that. And, as you know, I do already have the RC 7. I was kinda holding out for Cherry RF7s but I might not be too picky. :)

I consider myself an acceptable carpenter... I have most of the tools needed to perform some small jobs like building a subwoofer box or, in this case, building a compact ET center. If you have some time to get me a CAD of the ET center then that would be great!

no worries. it was nice to chat about all this stuff again. it's been a while for me.

in my head i believe i am a great carpenter! in reality, not so much! lol! i try. did you want my exact design? did you want me to design something different? i like this design, but the 1 flaw it now has, i can't put a RC-64 on it. it would look really funny if i did! lol.

by march i bet there will be a very nice stock set of cherry RF-7's, you might want to hold out for those. now, if you want a custom pair where you could possibly have the only Ebony RF-7's, then, yeah, mine would work nicely for you.

with my 7's you would have to upgrade your RC-7 or sell your's, buy mine and maybe it won't cost you in any difference. you don't want to have modded mains and a stock center, or vice versa for that matter. also, my 7's are in rough shape. they are overall nice, but there are some bad corners. that's why i was going to veneer them, along with my center channel. i guess you could keep a rough looking set, and sell the veneer on here..... many different options.

no worries. it was nice to chat about all this stuff again. it's been a while for me.

in my head i believe i am a great carpenter! in reality, not so much! lol! i try. did you want my exact design? did you want me to design something different? i like this design, but the 1 flaw it now has, i can't put a RC-64 on it. it would look really funny if i did! lol.

by march i bet there will be a very nice stock set of cherry RF-7's, you might want to hold out for those. now, if you want a custom pair where you could possibly have the only Ebony RF-7's, then, yeah, mine would work nicely for you.

with my 7's you would have to upgrade your RC-7 or sell your's, buy mine and maybe it won't cost you in any difference. you don't want to have modded mains and a stock center, or vice versa for that matter. also, my 7's are in rough shape. they are overall nice, but there are some bad corners. that's why i was going to veneer them, along with my center channel. i guess you could keep a rough looking set, and sell the veneer on here..... many different options.

The design is fine, I would need the top to be wide enough to place a 64" Samsung TV. The exact dimensions of the base of the TV is 33" wide and 14" deep while the TV screen is 58" wide. So, for symmetrics I would want the entire width of the ET center to be 58" wide and to fit the TV on top I would need it to be at least 40" wide and 18" deep. I am interested in this CAD stuff... I am planning to replace my back deck and believe it could be greatly beneficial in that regard. Thanks!