Klipsch RSW subs, thoughts?

Orange Peel

I'm pondering what I want to do for a subwoofer in my bedroom setup, I have used SVS for ever and love them but was thinking of maybe trying something different this round. The sub that I would get will probably take me forever to find and that would be a Maple RSW-15 or Maple RSW-12 if they made that size in Maple. I'm open to a black RSW-15/12 until that day comes but want to see what people think about the RSW line.

Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Scott

The sub that I would get will probably take me forever to find and that would be a Maple RSW-15 or Maple RSW-12 if they made that size in Maple.

I know a forum brother that has a maple RSW-15 but probably will not sell it unless he can find one in the finish that he prefers, which I don't remember what that is. They only made the RSW-12 in vinyl veneer and I am not sure what colors. You could always reveneer the RSW in the maple that you desire. Jeff Hoak reveneered my "maple" Revel B15 with a natural cherry veneer and did a beautiful job.

this

Revel%20B15%20Sycamore%20003.jpg

to this. This photo below of the cherry is before I touched up the black paint.

1339949542.jpg

Bill

I have owned a Klipsch RSW-10d for about 4 years now and I just can't seem to part with it. It is by far the most musical sub(except for my Revel B15) I have ever owned. I have purchased many subs in the last year including (2) Paradigm Servo 15a's, a Sunfire True Subwoofer Signature, and a Revel B15. Needless to say, I kept the RSW-10d and the Revel B15.

http://austin.craigslist.org/ele/3325388191.html

Bill

For music, the RSW-15 is just outstanding. However, if you are looking for an LFE channel sub for movies, look for something that is more capable below 20Hz. I have two RSW-15s that run the low end of my main speakers, down to 20Hz. For LFE, I have two DIY tapped horn subs.

This is the info I was looking for! Thanks for the quick replies too. I'm leaning more towards the music side for the main need as this sub is in our room where we tend to listen to more music than movies, but we definitely watch a good amount of movies so it has to perform there. I don't mind if it digs to 20hz and falls off fast from there, I have the SVS PB12 Ultra/2 for anything I need for earth shaking bass. I'm really looking for some nice clean bass and would like to keep it in the Klipsch family to complete my Maple setup.

I thought the search for the RC-7 was going to be tough [:)] I might consider the reveneering option but would rather own a Maple manufactured version for my mental sake knowing it's built and legit that way [:)]

I was able to score my RSW-15 from a forum member. Well worth the 11hr round trip. Plus, enjoyed the chat and the HT demo.

It is supremely musical just like many have said. Fast, accurate and blends in great with the rest of the RF setup. If I had paid $1k for this sub, I would be in no way disappointed. It is good for HT. I have a 2000 sq foot house and a a 1/3 power, it'll disturb every room in the house and the neighbors. I've played warhorse and book of Eli for friends and family and they were just astounded. I know it misses some lows but taking steps in the right direction. Great sub!!

Orange Peel: I've been the proud owner of a Cherry RSW-15 since 2004. I think it's a fantastic performer. It's very musical and works great in LFE duty when viewing movies. (Master and Commander cannonball scene to mention one- unreal!) We've done done some curves on our room and it not only takes a good sub to go low, it also takes a good room. Ours measured out: +/- 3db down to 13 Hz. Go buy an RSW-15 and enjoy! -Glenn

• 2 weeks later...

I'm going to say don't look past the SW-115 either. I absolutely love mine. Unfortunately there aren't too many reviews out there to look at other than reports of it coming out, but for the price point I think it's fabulous. I got mine for $600 brand new, and am wanting a second one to even out bass response in my room. It has plenty of bottom end for watching movies and I have never noticed boomy-ness or flabby-ness when it comes to music, and I listen to all sorts. I think it sounds great with all types of music. I can honestly say that this sub will not disappoint anybody other than the klipsch sub haters and ID sub fanboys out there.

• 3 weeks later...

This is a list of subwoofers tested for Sound and Vision by Tom Nousaine.

The RSW15 was only bested by Subwoofers costing almost 10 times as much!!!

Don't let anyone tell you the RSW15 is not as good as ......

They are better!!!!!!!!! They go down to 20Hz well and play flatter across the frequency range than just about anything produced today.

AND they come in beautiful furniture grade finishes. Something the much hyped competition do not provide.

The numbers in the attached article speak for themselves.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AvieXs2IbzIfdFB1dVFtLW5HeF9yb1o2TjIyU2F1Unc&hl=en_US#gid=0

And how come I can not attach a link??????

Hello all, and HAPPY THANKSGIVING! [:D][Y]

I have owned the smaller rsw 10 sub for several years now. I bought it in hopes if filling a dead spot in my listening room. This little sub was way more POTENT than I thought it was going to be. It is VERY musical with plenty of power. It took care of that dead spot and blends in PERFECTLY with the rest of my equipment. For a 10 inch sub, this thing ROCKS and it has NEVER hiccuped or had any problems whatsover...even having been driven very hard since new.~ My wife and I play music and concerts at LOUD levels very OFTEN. Obviously, I am a BIG Klipsch fan but the aforementioned is accurate in my case even though I may be a bit bias... GREAT line of subs! Can't go wrong. Be careful when buying USED equipment though.....

Take care all!

Mike

There is an RSW-15 currently for sale on this forum, wink, *self promoting. These are really great subs, very musical and awesome for movies. We just watched a flick with friends as a matter of fact and everyone commented on the "realism of the thunder" as they do dig very deep. Can't go wrong with RSW in my opinion.