Any ideas for which entertainment stand to use with an RC-7?

Tremors

Any of you guys have a good suggestion for an entertainment stand that fits an RC7 inside of it or under the tv? My plan was to mount the speaker on a shelf above the TV but it would sit about 5 1/2ft tall and I'd like to have it lower if possible. Thanks.

Furnitech FT72CC

Center Channel opening is 10" X 28"

It was one of the few (if only, that I can recall now) entertainment cabinets that would fit my KSP-C6 center.

Not really cheap, but it's a VERY substantial and well built piece of AV furniture. I could easily see this thing outlasting all of the equipment that it's filled with. It's shipped fully assembled so freight is a bit pricey too.

I ordered from them direct, and actually got a better price than what's advertised at dealers on the web. Great company to deal with!!!

One of these days I'll get some better pics of my current setup.

Furnitech.jpg

Have you looked at Salamander products? You can make whatever size you need. I've got room to spare in my center compartment. The pic is small but if you click it, it will open up in a new window. Click it again and it will enlarge even further. I put sound deadener behind the speaker so there wouldn't be any echo from the rear port. There's actually not much that comes from the rear port after you cross them over however.

post-15193-138198029595_thumb.jpg

Well, I looked at some of the Salamander products and the Standout products and I'm just not seeing something that will work. They are all either too tall or too wide. Youthman- I can't set the center on top and have the TV sit atop that because it would put the TV too high. It's a DLP set so the screen doesn't even start until about 6-7 inches up from the base. I need something about 60" wide and 20-25 inches tall max. It doesn't need to have any storage area besides the opening for a large center channel (read: the rc7)as all of my components are on a separate rack. I gotta go to work now but I'll check out more from these companies tonight. Thanks for the suggestions!

If you check with Alan at standout designs I am pretty sure they take on custom orders......I have the haven 82 and could not be happier, local Pennsylvania woods and made right here in the good old USA. With solid wood and no veneer anywhere it will probably outlast me lol.

Thank you all for the suggestions. I really liked some of the options available with the build your own product from Salamander. The stand out products look really well built as well. I've decided it just doesn't make sense for me to spend $1k-2k for a TV stand. I'm in my first home and feel that a substantial investment as that would be much better spent down the line in a more permanent/long term home. As I mentioned, I don't need this for component storage either. It's just a stand to hold the TV. A TV that may very well get swapped out for a projector at some point too. I have to give it up to Amazon for the down sell on this one though. I was looking at the salamander products available there for comparisons sake and because I really love the convenience of their return system and the fast shipping with my prime membership. Not really seeing what I wanted I let my eyes creep down the page and saw the "what other customers also looked at" section. And that's where I found what I needed. For $157! It's a very simple design with one large opening that makes for a modern look. Looking around other sites like newegg and a few more for reviews, I noticed that it also has a wire management system built in so that none of the wires hanging off the back of the TV are visible from the front. Pretty nifty I'd say, especially for the price. The one thing I haven't found is the exact dimensions of the opening itself. It's clearly wide enough (could fit an RC64) and LOOKS tall enough but.....I'll be calling the company to find out for sure before pulling the trigger. If this doesn't work then the search will continue... http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16882798260

• 2 weeks later...