Fisher 500c for sale Chicago

ZEUS121996

Keep the 500 sell the SX1250...have the 500 properly rebuilt and you will never regret it compared to the SX1250!! I own a SX-780 for use in my pool room while shooting pool nice piece of gear and the SX1250 is it's higher output brother which when dealing with Khorns is not a plus....

The key here is the 500 is nearly or possible more then 50 years old and can not possibly be working optimally... spend the bucks, do your research to rebuild it yourself or have it rebuilt by someone with a good reputation!

I whole heartedly agree with Craig. Of the other tube receivers and integrateds I have owned, which has been quite a few, the 500C stands out. If you can't afford the Mac or Marantz gear, the 500C is a real world replacement. I even shelled out the cash for a new cabinet from macintoshcabinets.com. That hurt a bit but, it's worth it as this one is a keeper. I would take Craig's advice. Just my $.02.

I recently bought a Fisher rebuilt 500c with original walnut case for a little more than I wanted to spend.

I haven't regretted it since I plugged it in. The speakers produce a little too much mid bass due to their position in the room, so I had to cut the overall bass. The amp had quite a low end with my Cornscalas for a tube IMO. I can't wait to get my equalizer so I can get this back and still be able to cut the mid bass.

I 've decide to keep the 500c and have Craig do a complete rebuild on it. So if anyone is looking for a really beautiful SX-1250, mine will be going up in the next few days. I'm thinking of offering it at $800 plus shipping. Any thoughts on the price, or just put it on the Bay, where people have been paying crazy prices.

TY

Mark

I 've decide to keep the 500c and have Craig do a complete rebuild on it. So if anyone is looking for a really beautiful SX-1250, mine will be going up in the next few days. I'm thinking of offering it at $800 plus shipping. Any thoughts on the price, or just put it on the Bay, where people have been paying crazy prices.

TY

Mark

Glad to hear you decided on the rebuild of the 500-C! It is certainly worth it!

You are really comparing apples and oranges with the 500-C and the SX-1250. I have almost the same $ amount invested in both and wouldn't give up either. As far as solid state the SX-1250 would be the very last to go. Mine was a complete rebuild (with upgrades) from Many Moons Audio in Tulsa and it looks as good as it sounds! It would take a minimum of $1,500 to get it away from me if it was for sale. $800 is great deal on a recapped unit with good cosmetics.