Any point of upgrading?

brw01162

Just curious if there is a noticeable difference between RF-62 and RF-63 speakers?

Thanks

Let me give you my completely unbiased opinion, yes yes yes.[:D]

The RF-62's are great sounding speakers in their own right but the 63's are more refined, smoother, better bass response, and real wood veneer of course.

I say this, if you can afford to upgrade, do it. On the other hand, if you are happy with the performance of the 62's, why spend the money. I personally have not had the urge to "upgrade" to the RF-83's but might only if I found a pair for a price I could not pass up.

Bill

• Moderators

I've heard the RF-82's and RF-63's and I believe the 63's are a pretty significant jump from the 82's. I don't think the RF-62's could even come close to the calibur of the 63's. If a good deal comes along on the 63's, I say jump on it.

I also made the jump from RF-82 to RF-63. I couldn't figure how 3 6" could sound better then 2 8" then I heard the RF-63's sing. Smoother tighter bass with an all around great sound and excellent sound stage. Plus I know where you can get a nice pair well under $1000 [;)]

• 2 weeks later...