Think Tank!

Amy

Hey guys!

Do you have a great idea for Klipsch? We want to hear it. Sincerly, we do! Go here, tell us what it is...you'll automatically be entered to win some headphones just for participating.

And if we use your idea....well...maybe we can make you famous. Smile

I think it is great when a company asks their long time valued customers for input on their products and services.

Who better to give valid experianced feedback than long time users.

Maybe feedback from a target audiance focus group gives reinforcement to a current marketing idea. But this doesn't really give the company ideas of how to improve on what they have done to date. And Klipsch has done a lot!!!

Thanks for asking!

The Audience is listening . . . TO KLIPSCH!!

I just posted:
In THX theaters there is usually

a trailer that plays right before the movie starts that blows your ears off that concludes by saying "The Audience

is Listening" Get theaters on new installs to agree to play a trailer

before the movie starts which shows off the superb sound

and all kinds of effects, professionaly produced. At the end the words

come up on screen,

"The audience is listening to" and then the Klipsch Logo pops up

underneath. I believe there are thousands of people who go to

theaters every week who have no idea they are listening to Klipsch. If

they like the sound in the theater, they will buy Klipsch speakers for

their home and home theater.

Travis

Now that is some good thinkin' Travis.

Nearfield recording studio monites.

There is a big home studio trend theses days kinda like the big hifi boom in the 50's 60's.

Klipsch could sell thousands.

This makes great sense, I heard some KRK models recently and they sounded prettttttty gooood..... I think the shells were made of plastic!!!!! what did that gentlemen tell Ben, "Plastics"......

Nearfield recording studio monites.

There is a big home studio trend theses days kinda like the big hifi boom in the 50's 60's.

Klipsch could sell thousands.

This makes great sense, I heard some KRK models recently and they sounded prettttttty gooood..... I think the shells were made of plastic!!!!! what did that gentlemen tell Ben, "Plastics"......

Back when I worked at Klipsch (1976-1983), two semi trailers showed up at the plant one day. It was the Rolling Stones Mobile recording studio. We installed a pair of Belles upside down (and angling downwards) in it near its ceiling for studio monitors...worked out great!

-Andy

I bought my first of many Klipsch from a military exchange store e.g. LaScalas in the Phillipines, Quartets in Iceland, Chourus IIs in Germany. I can tell you from experience that the company from MA does (or did) a LOT of marketing in the PX / BX / AAFES stores and there is some ready cash to be spent

See, hear and buy then have them shipped to home.

While the olden days of having 'audio clubs' on base may be gone I am positive that a speaker company that didn't have the budget available for a sales rep could find a knowledgeable fan who would work the stores for oh, a set of speakers delivered home and a name tag. The military folk do love some stereo.

This is true. I would love to have a 3 way option that is more in line with the cost of the reference series. Even a little bit higher priced would work, as long as it's more affordable than the palladiums (although I would love to have a set of those).

• 2 weeks later...

The Stones Mobil recoding truck was a english made box truck See herehttp://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://www.philsbook.com/rolling-one_files/StonesMobileIMsept80a.png&imgrefurl=http://www.philsbook.com/rolling-one.html&usg=__NVA3ZhK1-ui0w-kHAkwKrwmtsC8=&h=332&w=528&sz=238&hl=en&start=4&zoom=1&tbnid=Sz6-Q9T1uHOY-M:&tbnh=83&tbnw=132&ei=JLKiUNC0F9K70AGKkYDwDg&prev=/search%3Fq%3Drollings%2Bstones%2Bmobile%2Brecording%2Bstudio%26um%3D1%26hl%3Den%26safe%3Doff%26gbv%3D2%26tbm%3Disch&um=1&itbs=1

I dont think it was in the states back then maybe this was a for the then curent tour, only put together to recoding live??

Anypics lying around??

The Stones Mobil recoding truck was a english made box truck See herehttp://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://www.philsbook.com/rolling-one_files/StonesMobileIMsept80a.png&imgrefurl=http://www.philsbook.com/rolling-one.html&usg=__NVA3ZhK1-ui0w-kHAkwKrwmtsC8=&h=332&w=528&sz=238&hl=en&start=4&zoom=1&tbnid=Sz6-Q9T1uHOY-M:&tbnh=83&tbnw=132&ei=JLKiUNC0F9K70AGKkYDwDg&prev=/search%3Fq%3Drollings%2Bstones%2Bmobile%2Brecording%2Bstudio%26um%3D1%26hl%3Den%26safe%3Doff%26gbv%3D2%26tbm%3Disch&um=1&itbs=1

I dont think it was in the states back then maybe this was a for the then curent tour, only put together to recoding live??

Anypics lying around??

This wasn't a regular box truck, it was like a pair of trailers pulled side to side or maybe something like a lower to the ground expando-van like the military uses...it was wider than a truck when i saw it. We came to work one morning at the end of the week, and it was parked beside the plant, and when we got back to work the next week, it was gone. Danny McLeod told us that a pair of Belles had been installed in it up high and upside down for recording monitors. I never got to go inside it. We all wanted to, but that never happened for us plant peons in this case.

I think Lynn built the Belles for it, that was before he became the foreman.

No pics, sorry! This occurred early in my tenure at Klipsch...prior to 1980, for sure. I honestly don't know if it had anything to do with the band or the magazine or not. I am sure that the folks at the plant took some official pics of the thing though. They tended to do that for custom work like that.

-Andy