ULTRA HIGH DEFINITION TV (UHDTV)

Discover 4K Resolution: Ultra HD, the future of high-definition TV
resolution destined for your living room. The new level of Ultra HD
(3840 X 2160) picture quality makes Full HD (1920 X 1080) look like
standard definition. Boasting a pixel resolution 4X higher than Full HD,
its detail is so vivid and crisp, even when viewed from close
distances. From its magnificent screen comes superb picture quality,
some say even better than the cinema. With picture quality this clear,
you’ll feel like you’re living, not watching, your favorite shows.
Prepare yourself for the ultimate home entertainment experience with the
LG 84 inch class Ultra High Definition TV.

I've been following Sony with there 4K and it seems like a leap forward but at a huge price, the estimates for the 84inch are over $20'000!

So the price is high and from what I can understand ultra hd is only noticable on screens higher the 65inches. Don't get me wrong I would love to have one but I know it would be many years before I could afford one. I wonder if the technology will trickle down to projectors as well.

Personally I'm more excited for the OLED tv's. I think the 4k Resolution or Ultra HD will be cool, but from what I've been reading it won't make much more of a difference till you hit the really large tv's, like 70" and up. Now when they get 4k OLED tv's that'll be really sweet, but if I had to choose between the two, I think I'd go for OLED first.

Sweet! I'll take two please! I wonder how these will play out with regard to first gen HD tv's which were in the tens of thousands for sets that were MAYBE 720p & 42" (?) with low quantity source material. Are there corresponding 4k players (vs 4k "ready") and when will movies/tv be broadcast in 4k? These are awesome - no doubt, but I think those who jump in round one will be disappointed when the second gen is out with more material that is actually available in 4k and half the price. (What will internet speeds need to be to stream movies in THAT format?! [:|] )

I also wonder if we'll look back one day and wax poetic about the days of 32 inch tv's as the trend seems to be moving toward dedicated living room wall sized tv's! Many of us who haunt these forums will enjoy that, I do wonder how the spouses and average consumers will feel about 80+"! Maybe OLED will be thin enough to cover with drapes! [;)]

No doubt the pictures will be stunning! Thanks for the post!

right now other than a few channels you cant even get 1080P TV, how usefull is a 4k TV going to be anytime soon when it cant be broadcast??? right now many of these TVs cant play "real" 4k signals - only multiply the regular 1080 I or P signal - have to read the fine print.

and how about a 4k movie? most current BluRays are 50gb dual layer disks - how can they get 2-4x the info on the disk? maybe we will go back to laserdisk days and have to pop in another disk 1/2 way through! ha

I am just happy the whole 3d craze is hopefully over. I agree the OLED technology will probably gain more traction sooner and have the most improvement vs current technology.

give it 10 years and hologram TVs will be here [H]

I've been following Sony with there 4K and it seems like a leap forward but at a huge price, the estimates for the 84inch are over $20'000!

So the price is high and from what I can understand ultra hd is only noticable on screens higher the 65inches. Don't get me wrong I would love to have one but I know it would be many years before I could afford one. I wonder if the technology will trickle down to projectors as well.

I heard of guy that has a 4k projector, so according to that it's already there...if he was full of it, then I would say that it will definitely make it's way at some point. From what I've read, that'd be the only way to buy 4k that'd make it worth having.