Heresys for HT

ChipByrd

I have been thinking about setting up a HT. (Always been two channel).

Locally, a guy is selling 4 Heresys. I was thinking about getting them and find a fifth to set up a 5.2. But I was wondering if anyone has done that? Any thoughts on how it would work? Another possibility would be to use my Fortes for the fronts and three Heresys for LR/RR/CENTER. Or even 7.2 with five Heresys?

Thanks, Chip

Chip,

5.2 with Heresys would be awesome and completely seamless. Never did it but many have and I have never heard of anyone "regretting" it. With the fortes as fronts would offer more low end "impact" but not be as seamless as 5 H's.

Bill

Yes on the UPA-7

No on the UMC-1

The UMC-1 has been a problem child since day one for Emotiva. The sound quality is absolutely fantastic, but there are a number of operational issues.

I got one two years ago and returned it during the 30 day trial period. Very slow to switch modes going from HDMI to HDMI. Weird center channel drop outs. Etc.

Some on the Emotiva board think the UMC-1 is awesome. Not in my opinion.

Unless, you want to quickly move up to the coming XMC-1, 40% discount card with UMC-1, I'd wait for the UMC-100 and I think UMC-500 that are also coming soon.

Heresys all around for an HT would be awesome! Like everyone else has said they would blend seamlessly, and with a proper sub be very impressive for music as well. If you are able you should definitely go for it!

Do not be afraid of a 6.2! The rear speaker is a rear center, and is quite effective in my Lascala system. That way, you are buying Heresy's in pairs to save $$'s.

Yes on the UPA-7

No on the UMC-1

The UMC-1 has been a problem child since day one for Emotiva. The sound quality is absolutely fantastic, but there are a number of operational issues.

I got one two years ago and returned it during the 30 day trial period. Very slow to switch modes going from HDMI to HDMI. Weird center channel drop outs. Etc.

Some on the Emotiva board think the UMC-1 is awesome. Not in my opinion.

Unless, you want to quickly move up to the coming XMC-1, 40% discount card with UMC-1, I'd wait for the UMC-100 and I think UMC-500 that are also coming soon.

Thanks for the info. I am attracted to the Emo's because of cost. In the past year I have spen a good bit on two channel and that's where my passion is. It's just that there are 4 Heresys for sale locally for $350 and it seems a great opportunity to get into HT. So I will likely pick up a used Oppo 93, spend $1000 on pre/pro or av receiver, and be done with it.

Are there other $1000 options for pre/power or av receiver you men would suggest? Again, used is ok.

BTW, this site has been super helpful and friendly.

Chip

Are there other $1000 options for pre/power or av receiver you men would suggest?

Here is a great deal on an excellent processor a member is selling here in the garage sale section of the forum

http://forums.klipsch.com/forums/t/168337.aspx

These are exceptional for both home theater and music and impossible to beat at this price.

Youthman..........Where did you get that info on the release of a UMC-200? I don't see it on Emotiva's website.

Emotiva was at the Audioholics 2012 GTG Event in Tarpon Springs, Florida on Oct 26 - 27th.

I think it sounded like Youthman was there also and probably got the info there.

Something to note Emotiva has a reputation of being very late when it comes to actual release dates of new products.