Heresys for HT

ChipByrd

Emotiva was at the Audioholics 2012 GTG Event in Tarpon Springs, Florida on Oct 26 - 27th.

I think it sounded like Youthman was there also and probably got the info there.

Something to note Emotiva has a reputation of being very late when it comes to actual release dates of new products.

I haven't seen anything on the release date of the UMC-200 and I follow the Emotiva board pretty close.

All effort seems to be being directed at getting the XMC-1 out.

When the UMC-200 does come out its combination with the UPA-700 will be a major $1000 receiver killer.

But as you say Emotiva has a long history of being slow to release with some products. There are exceptions the UPA-xxx line that replaced the UPA-x line seemed very quick.

I'm sure the UPA-xxx line is as good as the UPA-x line. The UPA-2 and 5 that I have blow away the power amp section of the Onkyp TX-808.

• Moderators

Youthman..........Where did you get that info on the release of a UMC-200? I don't see it on Emotiva's website.

Emotiva was at the Audioholics 2012 GTG Event in Tarpon Springs, Florida on Oct 26 - 27th.

I think it sounded like Youthman was there also and probably got the info there.

Something to note Emotiva has a reputation of being very late when it comes to actual release dates of new products.

JVS, Rich is correct, I just returned from the Audioholics event. The info was shared with me from the Emotiva Reps. I posted a lot of pics here and my thoughts on some of the emotiva products.

• Moderators

I haven't seen anything on the release date of the UMC-200 and I follow the Emotiva board pretty close.

All effort seems to be being directed at getting the XMC-1 out.

When the UMC-200 does come out its combination with the UPA-700 will be a major $1000 receiver killer.

Yeah, the Emo rep said they have kept it pretty hush hush. I believe it was Dan that was telling a gentleman that they hope to have it released within a month but as stated, Emo isn't the best at keeping deadlines so we will see.