Carver PM-200 protection light on.

runninshine

Hi guys, the other day I picked up a Carver PM 200 for $90, so I thought it might be good to run my Chorus' with. After waiting a few days to get XLR cables so I could hook it up and listen I cleaned out all of the dust and resoldered a transistor that had broken off the board, I fired it up and got a audible hum coming from the amp near the big blue caps or power transitor, I had great sound out of one channel and the other was getting a pulsing hum noise that sounded like trying to tune a radio or something, now the amp is is protect mode and making this pulsing sound.

Any Ideas? I would be fine with having to replace some caps or other components I just have no idead on where to start the diag process.

Thanks.

Posted Image

Posted Image

the amp looks like it's been repaired a few times. I you want to go down this path, start by checking the heat on all the semiconductors. check bias and dc off set, if all that checks out, maybe a simple cold solder on a ground