Pioneer Elite SC-55

Heritage_Head

It has ice.

It’s called class d3 now

You did really well getting one. [Y] Arguably the finest sounding integrated amplifier technology on the market today.

But for the record, ICE and D3 are not the same. It's not simply a moniker, it's a paradigm shift in component layout & utilization. The differences between the two are quite remarkable and hence the disassociation from B&O.

Nice pickup on the SC 55 for under $800. I brought my SC 35 just before the 55/57 came out and got a similar deal. You will love it. Setting things up can be a little tricky due to all the options in MCACC, we are here if you need any help or have any questions. Enjoy!

It has pretty big shoes to fill. My last avr was a sonyES

5400 and even though Sony gets no love on these forums the ES line is really

really nice. But its 4 years old has no 3d and only had one hdmi output (it had

2 but only one was the full 1080/24 res). I’m pretty happy so far with the

elite but I need to wait for the new toy to wear off lol.

You are correct on that Sony is under appreciated: some of their stuff really performs well. For fun, checkout the before and after reveb graphs. I was impressed with what MCACC did with my room. Also look at the 3 filter positions in MCACC data check and standing waves, it will show the problem frequencies and give you a better ideal on why MCACC picks a certaing xo. I use to wonder why MCACC would set my xo at 100 with the RF 7's and other reference speakers until I understood how the filters and standing wave correction worked. Even with a xo at 100, the sub bass is omnidirectional and can't be localized. There are a few guys on the AVS forum than have upper level Denon's and the SC 67/68 that have compared the use use of separate xo's to the global xo used in the Pioneer's and they said they cannot hear a difference in the two type of settings.The thing with the reverb graphs, will show you how flat your frequency response is in your room. Have fun with the new toy!

Thanks for your help I did look at those a little bit. The mcacc

seems pretty cool. I did work a bit with the x overs but as of now have left it

set pretty much to what it came in at (after I ran mcacc). When I go from

direct (which has mcacc) to pure direct (that doesn’t) I do like the mcacc a

lot better (direct) so far than without. That could change as I dig in a bit

but so far I like this avr a lot. The only thing I don’t Like so far vs the ES

is with sony I could have the menu up and the movie could still be seen behind

the menu and the audio was still heard too. With the elite when I hit menu it brings

me to the menu screen by itself with no audio or video. My old onkyo had that too

so I was surprised the elite doesn’t (unless I missed something). I very small

rant but just pointing it out.

My old onkyo had that too
so I was surprised the elite doesn’t (unless I missed something). I very small
rant but just pointing it out.

No you have not missed it, lol. I hardly ever, almost never use Pure Direct or Direct. Just use one of the unused preset, 4-6 if you don't want any EQ, they will sound better than Pure Direct and Direct for stereo listening. Neo 6, DDPLIIz and DDPLIIx music are nice in addition to the extended stereo.