Would CDT-5800 II speakers be a good fit for XF-48 and XF-23 fronts?

slee31

About two years ago, maybe a little more I bought the Klipsch Icon XF-48 speakers as my fronts and the XF-23 as my center. Recently upgraded to a new plasma, a Panasonic 65GT50 and have the itch to go to a 5.1 and maybe to a 7.1 sometime next year. Ceiling speakers is the best option and acceptable (barely) to my wife so don't want to push my luck as she does not know how much I spent on the plasma [:)]. My receiver is a Denon 3312ci incase it matters and the subwoofer is a Klipsch Sub-12HG.

Wanted to get feedback if the Klipsch 5800 II speakers would be a good fit for my front speakers? Have not heard them as no stores locally seem to have them to listen to? I understand it is not required to match the fronts to the rears and open to other brands of speakers (SpeakerCraft,DefTech, etc.), just fond of Klipsch, but again open. I am looking to spend $300-400 per speaker (for 5.1). I did a search for the 5800 in the forums, but most of the posts are not of the II version, just the initial one.

I do have room to properly place the two rear speakers to the side and slight rear of the main seating area. If pictures help I can take some. Thanks in advance.

Scott

• 2 weeks later...