You gotta see my new vinyl toy...

jorjen

...it has me grinning ear to ear!

Selling my Manley Chinook LOMC Phono Stage and picked up a new piece of gear to replace it. It is the Coincident Statement Phono Stage and outboard power supply from Israel Blume and his company Coincident Speaker Technology up in Canada(www.coincidentspeaker.com). Now I have NO affiliation whatsoever. This post stems solely from my excitement over a great product and improvement to my system and wanting to share it with the board.

Let me tell you, this thing makes my Dynavector XX2 MKII LOMC sound like nothing I have ever heard. The transparency, neutrality, imaging and staging that the Statement lets out of the Dynavector is downright AMAZING! The realism of the presentation is spooky for lack of a better term. The Manley is awesome but the Statement is in another league as it should be at roughly 3X the price.

No PCB's, all point-to-point wiring. The construction, looks and feel are world class. It also has a CD input, volume controls and enough gain to run my pCats without my linestage.

The following is from the website:

The Coincident Statement Phono Preamplifier is a high gain, all tube unit employing the highest quality MC step up transformers to accommodate virtually all moving coil cartridges. Due to employing only 2 all tubegain stages, high gain is achieved with ultra low noise, the absence of microphonics or hum. The RIAA curve is passive, zero feedback utilizing the closest tolerance resistors and polystyrene capacitors to obtain accuracy of less than .1 db deviation from 20hz – 20khz.All coupling capacitors are the finest and most expensive Teflon Film and Foil.

The 66 db overall gain coupled with low output impedance and the use of the finest discrete resistor mono volume pots allows the Statement Phono Preamplifier to be directly connected to an amplifier without the use of a line stage. The inclusion of a line input, selectable by a front panel toggle switch, can accommodate a CD/SACD player or any other component, thereby obviating the need for a line stage.

There are no circuit boards nor connecting strips to degrade the signal transfer nor deteriorate further with time. Everything in the Statement Phono Preamplifier is hard wired with the shortest signal paths possible.

The separate power supply has enough capacity and energy storage to power a 100 watt amplifier. There are separate transformers for the high voltage and low filaments. Furthermore, the high and low voltage sections have independent choke and large capacity filtering. All power supply capacitors are the finest sounding, highest quality polypropylene. No poor sounding,cheap electrolytics to be found. The power supply is the highest standard possible and provides the foundation for the Statement Phono Stage.It weighs more than 41 lbs!

The build quality of the Statement Phono is the finest available. It was designed with no cost restraints and the highest priority placed on sonic performance. It represents an all out assault on the state of the art.

The design goal of the Coincident Statement Phono Preamplifier was to provide the purest, most transparent method of playing vinyl. There is no Phono Stage in existence that surpasses its combination of performance and construction. At its selling price, The Statement Phono has no peer.

Specifications:
Frequency Response: 10hz – 25khz +/- .1 db
Gain: 66 db- MC
Output Impedance: 250 ohms
Maximum Voltage Output: 30 V
Impedance: 3-10, 11-30, 31-100, 101-300 – MC
Phase: In phase
Dimensions: 203mm x 260mm x 390mm – Power Supply and Phono
Weight- Power Supply – 18.5 kilos (40.4 lbs)
Phono Stage – 9.5 kilos (20.9 lbs)
AC Voltage: User Selectable – 115V or 230V
Tubes- 4-12AX7- Reissued Mullards are included.

User Features:
Finest Discrete Resistor Dual Mono Volume Pots - Allows for Direct Connection to Amplifier without the Use of a Line Stage and corrects for channel imbalances;
Dual Pairs of RCA Outputs- Allows for Biamping;
Impedance Selector-Optimizes all moving coil cartridges;
Mute Switch – Conveniently mutes signal when changing records;
AC Voltage Selector- Permits user to switch voltage for operation worldwide;
Lift AC Ground - Conveniently breaks AC ground to eliminate hum caused by ground loops.

Optional Line Stage Input- Input for SACD/CD player. No need for line stage

sep_bar.gif

post-9114-13819823641358_thumb.jpg