I am now an official "Tuber"

Bigal63

So I got tired of "Ebay" most of it was overpriced and you really dont know what you are getting. So found this local repair guy in Stanwood that repairs mostly guitar stuff and he had a few amps sitting around. So I took a few things off his hands, they had been sitting around his shop for a year or so.

1. Dynaco 70A (factory wired with the manual and matching ser# on book)

2. Dynaco PAS-3x (factory wired with the manual and matching ser# on book)

3. Dynaco FM-3 (home built)

4. He through in a pair of EICO HF-12 mono blocks

I got it all for $750, I think I did OK??

[:)][:D] Now this stuff will keep me busy for awhile !!!!!

All the Dynaco stuff works great, The pre amp needs a new balance pot and will some day rebuild the whole thing but WOW this setup makes my LaScala's sing(and thump) What a night and day differance from any of my other SS amps. I have so much more bass, I even took the sub off the system. At low volume there is nice crisp bass ( and when the wife leaves the house and the volume gets to the half way mark it is simply unbelievable !!!!! when I close my eyes I cant tell where the music is coming from it is just everywhere[H].

The mono blocks work, but sound like S**t.... So I think I will strip them all the way down and compleatly rebuild them, that should make a good winter project.

Forgive my ignorance, but are you saying that you're a tub guy now and have forsworn taking showers exclusively? Or are you now a tuber...a potato? Is that correct? ;)

In either event, congrats on the score and enjoy. I am just a lowly SS puke and probably destined to a lifetime of cold and lifeless Stainless Steel.