Need help choosing which Klipsch speakers to buy

crouse

I am new to the forum and am hoping you folks can give me some advice. There are 3 CL ads for Klipsch speakers within driving distance. Heresys for $650; Chorus for $650 and LaScalas for $1000. The LaScalas have new tweeter diaphrams and new high pass filter caps in the crossovers. None of the ads say which specific model or year of mfg. Given that not very extensive info, which would you lean toward buying and why? For what it's worth, a good friend had a pair of LaScalas in the '70's and I've always wanted a pair but I am open to other Klipsch choices.

Thanks

Clay R.

Hey Clay, welcome to the Klipsch Forums, we're glad you're here! [<:o)]

La Scalas!! Get the La Scalas and be done with it! If you buy some of the tiny speakers, you'll just want to upgrade! LOL It seems like a fair price, if they are in good condition. Do you have any pictures?

Keep us posted,

Dennie

Clay, Of the three choices you mentioned, the only reason to get the Heresy pair would be size considerations. Otherwise, get one of the others. The Chorus speakers have a passive radiator and would probably provide the fullest bass performance of the three. I read a Stereophile review of the LaScalas recently online (visit their site to read the review). It was very positive, but the reviewer mentioned that he would want a subwoofer to pair with them because there was not much below 50Hz.

I have a pair of Heresy IIIs. I use a 15" powered subwoofer with them and they sound great as well as having a high wife approval factor due to their small size.