SOLD--FS: RF 82s, RC 62, RS 52s--SOLD

Rhetor

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

$1500 for a rock solid Home Theater to boot....someone pick this up. Best wishes with the sale Rhetor.

Thanks, Youthman . . . I have been sitting on these since I went all vintage. I am sure I used too many pictures, but this is my first time selling, so I thought overkill better than not enough info. I have no trouble with the buying part. Just getting my first taste of the selling part. Took me months to get up the courage to sell this package, my first Klipsch setup! Too emotionally attached! Ha, ha! This (along with some rear RB 61s my wife co-opted to her office) was bought after I was run over on my Harley and had to spend 18 months in a wheelchair and go through 11 surgeries. This Klipsch HT setup was my therapy and friend that first summer in a wheelchair; I have been to sentimental about them to sell before this point.

I am walking and riding again. And I have been on a buying rampage since I heard my first vintage heritage speaker. Lovely wife gave me permission to buy more sound toys if I sell this setup. It is time this great set went to a new owner to enjoy. Thanks for the bump.

• Moderators

Wow, I'm sorry to hear about the accident but am glad to hear you are back up and running again. I can see how there would be an emotional attachment due to your situation and the fact that it was your first setup.

Just curious, what heritage are you working towards?

Well, kind of already did it.

When I started walking again, my wife said I needed a hobby . . . So . . . I picked vintage Klipsch speakers. I started by buying a beat up pair (originally WL someone painted black!) of KG2s. Put them in the basement workshop. Sonically, they were amazing! Became fast friends with that guy, who is a vintage speaker collecterof audio and all vintage high end brands of speakers. Then, next, was a pair of KG4s, pristine in oo from him. He began showing me speaker repair, though I had purchased all of the Klipsch he had in his collection. Then I ran across another pair of WO KG4s from an old guy/original owner. These simple, modest vintage Klipsch just had the sound I cherished from back in the late 70s, when I was young and could not afford such "high end" gear. :-) This forum treated me great in the summer of 2008 when I was putting my first Reference 7.1 system for that first all Klipsch HT when I was wheelchair bound. So, I turned to this Forum again when I ran across a partially working pair of 1977 raw birch broken La Scalas with bird doo doo on them . . . 10 month long story short . . . Now there are literally Heresys, La Scalas, Belles, and Klipschorns in my home and in my life. I have VKD . . . Vintage Klipsch Disease . . . Infected by this Forum! :-) If you are yet to contract VKD . . . Get off this Forum while you still can! Oh, wait . . . I see by your signature, you were long infected before me and have undoubtedly served,as a long term carrier of VKD! :-). And, as I remember from recent sales, you may be the only person in modern history who had three sequentially numbered Academies to sell!

• Moderators

Looks like you have all of the heritage toys. Good for you sir. [:D]

I see by your signature, you were long infected before me and have undoubtedly served,as a long term carrier of VKD!

LOL....man that's harsh.

And, as I remember from recent sales, you may be the only person in modern history who had three sequentially numbered Academies to sell!

Quite possibly....too bad I couldn't find a single buyer to keep the set together.

Looks like you have all of the heritage toys. Good for you sir. Big Smile

I see by your signature, you were long infected before me and have undoubtedly served,as a long term carrier of VKD!

LOL....man that's harsh.

And, as I remember from recent sales, you may be the only person in modern history who had three sequentially numbered Academies to sell!

Quite possibly....too bad I couldn't find a single buyer to keep the set together.

Well, perhaps you can salve some of your grief with a special time of listening to Kenny G on your KLF 30s and C7. Or, would that be punishment!?!?!?! Depends on how you feel about saxophone music. Vote now: [Y] [N]

Now . . . back to my sale . . . ,A supersized Klipsch Reference, 5 speaker, HTIB on steroids for $1500 [:)]

I do have a plan if they do not sell. I will just tell my wife I col not find a buyer. She will ask, "What will we do with them since ou can't sell them?" My answer will be: "Well, it hurts speakers to stay boxed. They need to be run to keep their value. To not waste those speakers I could not sell, then I am now going to set all of those unsold speakers into a 7.1 setup and connect them to the old unused avr now in our basement." Wife: "You are setting up those Reference speakers you were unable to sell as a 7.1 configuration the basement?" Me; "No, I will be setting them up in our bedroo, becasue we only have a TV in the bedroom." The wife will say, "I remember the unsued avr we have in the basement. And did you not only have 5 speakers to sell?" Me: "That is true, Honey; but now all I have to do is buy two more bookshelf speakers as rears in the setup and a new sub to get the .1 part. Isn't it wonderful, Baby, how God works in mysterious ways! You thought God wanted us to sell 5 unused speakers, and all the time the Lord had a 7.1 HT plan in the works for our bedroom!" My wife will then ask: "Which bedroom are you sleeping in, because I am not sleeping with speakers and you . . . there will not be enough room in that scenario!" [8-)]

I am glad to hear that you have recovered. Those speakers look like they are in great shape. Klipsch forum members sure take care of their gear!

Well, perhaps you can salve some of your grief with a special time of listening to Kenny G on your KLF 30s and C7. Or, would that be punishment!?!?!?! Depends on how you feel about saxophone music. Vote now: YesNo

What's wrong with saxophone music?[:(]

Good luck with the sale.