FS: RF-83 (Chicago area)

opusk2k9

I need to pay for a new car for the wife and Christmas, so some of
Klipsch gear has to go. I live in the Chicago area, zip code 60585.

I prefer local pickup, since these are big speakers and that way you can test them out.

Plus,
I have a lot of other gear you can compare (not all of them for sale):
KP-201, RF-83, KLF-30, Forte, Chorus, Cornwall, La Scala, original
shorthorn, and Klipschorns.

The following are for sale:
- pair of black RF-83, good condition (some light scratches) for $1400 sale pending SOLD

-
SOLD pair of black KLF-30, I have 2 pair, plan to sell only one. The first
pair are in decent shape (few snags, scratches, and cup rings on one)
for $750 or a nearly mint pair with manual and boxes for $900 $850. I also
have a smoked glass tops available with sale. SOLD

- Oak Oil Chorus with boxes and glass tops for $750 $700. SOLD

- Oak Oil Forte for $550 $500. SOLD

-
excellent condition factory made 1958 shorthorn model S-PR-15 with
K-ORTHO-15 drive system in prima vera finish thinking of keeping.

The speaker was tested Jan 8, 1958. This is the original shorthorn configuration with
the University SAHF midrange, University 4401 tweeter, and a Stevens
Trusonic 103LX 15" woofer. The last two Stevens Trusonic 103LX woofers
alone sold on eBay for $393 and $500.

- Pioneer Elite VSX-07TX (no HDMI) for $125.

post-53438-13819823920006_thumb.jpg

Well, many would say it is surprising that I still have a wife. 18 months ago, I didn't have a single Klipsch speaker. Since then, I have driven thousands of miles and currently have over 13 pair and I have alrdeay sold several pairs (mostly to fund my next purchase). She has been very patient, so it is time to give back a little. I will still have plenty left and it will help score some valueable wife points.

Well, many would say it is surprising that I still have a wife. 18 months ago, I didn't have a single Klipsch speaker. Since then, I have driven thousands of miles and currently have over 13 pair and I have alrdeay sold several pairs (mostly to fund my next purchase). She has been very patient, so it is time to give back a little. I will still have plenty left and it will help score some valueable wife points.

Hahaha, I was gonna say that you seem to have gobs of gear lying around. Then you made the point yourself, lol. Best of luck with your sale and your marriage ;)

I have no idea what you do for a living but damn you 've got 1 hell of a collection of speakers. Me I have 4 sets in 1 room and 1 set are Klipsch 500 smalls theykinda disappear. Yours on the other hand are medium to x-tra large and I am the most envious dude here.I do long for KLF 30s -Fortes1s-or Chorus but alas my wallet seems to betray me way too often. You my friend have great taste and maybe a little hoarding going on but who am I to judge.. lol Good luck w/ your sale and if again $ somehow appears a pm will be sent.

I have been very lucky (and persistent) and bought/sold along the way to finance my next purchase(s). I have gotten some good deals along the way, but most of the time, I had to drive long distance for them. I did pick them all up in a Prius with the exception of the Klipschorns. But, it is a fun hobby and I have met a lot of great people including several purchases from other forum members.

I do have a bit of an OCD problem. I got a few speakers, then I thought it would be interesting to have the entire vintage series (heresy, quartet, forte, chorus, cornwall, la scala, and klipschorn), still missing a few. The shorthorn was kind of a bonus and is in amazing condition. I love the Forte, I think they are often overlooked.

However, now my patient wife needs a newer vehicle and some Christmas funds, so a few have to go.

Good luck with your search, where are you located? I also listed on CL and was contacted by a person in Seattle, WA asking about the KLF-30s. I guess they are hard to find lately.

This shorthorn speaker has such a fantastic retro look. What are the oveall dimensions of the front? Even the grill material with its horizontal stripes makes the look much more dramatic. Great design work. Anybody know who was responsible for the look of the grill trim? Thanks for posting your pictures. Good luck with the sale best regards Moray James.