RIP Dion

j-malotky

I was saddened when I heard that Dion Longworth and his wife were killed in that horrible explosion in Indy Saturday night. I did not know Dion very well. I rember meeting him at a few of the pilgrimages in Indy. One time I had the pleasure of chatting with him for a good hour. I really enjoyed our visit and was very impressed with Dion. I pray for all of you who worked with him and were freinds with he and his wife, that you can find peace at this time of horrible tragedy.

Rest in peace Dion.

JM

I'm fairly certain that Verna and I also met Dion at one of the pilgrimages and spoke with him briefly. Our hearts go out to Dion and his wife, their family and friends and to all of our friends at Klipsch. May God bless. -Glenn & Verna

As soon as I saw this, I had to go look at the news (also wanted to make sure it was not my brother's neighborhood that blew up [:o]).

When I saw those pictures, I was like "Daaaaaaaammmmmmmnnnn! That is Meeesssed UP!!" Completely leveled a couple of those houses and nearly destroyed several more there (and those look like some pretty big houses in that neighborhood).

I am pretty certain I've also met Dion as well (wish I had a picture as I can't quite place the face).

My heart and prayer goes out to all those folks affected by this.

• Moderators

The cause still hasn't been determined officially, but the homeowner mentioned a faulty furnace. Dion's house was next door.

He was a great guy. Would talk your ear off to anyone who would
listen. He'd been away from Klipsch for 4 years, but seems like
yesterday he would walk in late to the cafeteria after we were done
eating, and as soon as he would sit with us, we'd all stand up in unison
to leave (jokingly, of course). He always chuckled good-naturedly about
it. Still just so hard to believe.

Here's a photo of Dion and his wife Jennifer Longworth.

Now that I saw that picture, I do remember those two. That does suck (and if I recall, they were still fairly young).

Of all the crazy things in this world, but you would least think, while safely at home, that you could possibly be killed by your neighbor's house blowing up and destroying yours along with it.

If this did turn out to be due to a broken furnace (or possible by one that was not repaired correctly), then it just shows that people need to stay on top of that kind of stuff and make sure that repairs are done by a QUALIFIED professional. Dealing with natural gas is no joke.

• 4 weeks later...