RIP Dion

j-malotky

• 4 weeks later...

The gas company was replacing a main in the street. Mistakes were made, a man died, people have been fired, lawsuits abound.

Natural gas is extremely powerful.

For Dan's three daughters, the loss is extreme and not to be diminished. Nonetheless, the Indy tragedy caused by greed and the intentional disregard for John "Dion" and Jennifer Longworth is somehow more disturbing than the carelessness of a gas company crew.

Edited by DizRotus

• 2 years later...

Yes….since the original three were arrested a few years ago, two more have been charged recently with Monserrat's information. The two Leonard brothers sure look different since their arrest, they do not look to be doing well, aging quickly. I hope for justice for all.

• 1 month later...

Even though the prosecutor called the jury interview process "disastrous" they did finally approve a complete jury and the opening statements were today. The trial is in South Bend, about 140 miles away. The prosecution has 100s of witnesses. 

There was a lot of testimony today from the prosecution. A sad story was told by a local police officer who heard the blast, was on the scene instantly. He tried to get Dion out of the burning house, even made eye contact with Dion, but the flames were too intense. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I hope the "we just wanted to start a small fire to collect the insurance money" argument gets the attention it deserves. Every time they show the brothers they look a little more defeated and aged.

Honestly, as a former prosecutor, this has to be about the dumbest defense theory I have ever heard of. It basically admits to felony murder, and does most of the prosecutor's job for him.

I will watch this trial with interest - thanks for the links. So sad about Dion and Jennifer.