(3D) wow I had no idea.

Heritage_Head

interested in trying out 3D as it seems to be getting better and more accesible. I

I don't have experience with projectors, but our Samsung has great 3D performance. You can see things in the middle of the room. We have the active shutter glasses. Comcast Cable does offer 3D on HBO, STARZ, ESPN, ON DEMAND, and a few other places.

What glasses are you using for the 45? I cannot wait to finally have the jvc X30 in my setup tomorrow. One thing I hated about the Epson 5010 was the black level, on a cinemascope 235 movie the bars were grey instead of black and very very distracting. I would ask everyone to avoid the epson 5010 as its all hype and people who give it a great review are coming from a low end pj or have never owned one before

I think you must have had a defective Epson 5010 or just needed to dial the brightness down. According to "Sound & Vision" the Epson 5010 has better black levels than even the $12,000 DLA-X90R (.0003 vs.0009 foot lamberts respectivelly after calibration). They actually measured the contrast ratio of the Epson at 160,600:1, the highest contrast ratio they have ever measured on any display regardless of type.

What glasses are you using for the 45? I cannot wait to finally have the jvc X30 in my setup tomorrow. One thing I hated about the Epson 5010 was the black level, on a cinemascope 235 movie the bars were grey instead of black and very very distracting. I would ask everyone to avoid the epson 5010 as its all hype and people who give it a great review are coming from a low end pj or have never owned one before

I think you must have had a defective Epson 5010 or just needed to dial the brightness down. According to "Sound & Vision" the Epson 5010 has better black levels than even the $12,000 DLA-X90R (.0003 vs.0009 foot lamberts respectivelly after calibration). They actually measured the contrast ratio of the Epson at 160,600:1, the highest contrast ratio they have ever measured on any display regardless of type.

Here is a review that compares the lower level jvc (rs-45/X30)

to the espon 5010 on projectorreviews.com. They show a pic so you can see the

difference. They don’t really say one is the better projector but for blacks

there isn’t much better than the jvc. The left side is the jvc rs45 the right

side the espon 5010.

http://www.projectorreviews.com/jvc/dla-rs45/competitors.php

post-50231-1381982432961_thumb.jpg