Looking for Visual Eye Candy/Wanna See Office-Desktop Rigs:-)

kaiser SET say

So let me post what I'm currently running before my RB's get here for my Qinpu[:P]

Currently running 2.1 media speakers for in office sounds, will go away once I have my RB's;-)

Cambridge Audio Soundworks

iPod Touch w/Lod

JDS Labs c421 amp

Headphones setup: (AKG 702's, Grado SR-60i's, UE EB-5's, Senn PX-200's, Klipsch Custom 3's and Sure SE-315's)

LaCie 500GB HDD into Win Media Sys on Dell Latitude

USB out to HRT Music Streamer II

Original Morrow Audio MA-1 IC's

Qinpu A-3 Integrated 6N3 X 2 Headphone amp 8.5 WPC

post-18681-13819824132084_thumb.jpg

I just have a small Tivoli Audio setup in my office.

Consists of the Tivoli Audio Model 2 radio, the matching Tivoli Audio Model Sub and CD Player. The CD Player, iPod dock and the right speaker in the picture below

I also have a universal dock in which I can plug either my iPhone or my 160 gig iPod Classic. I can also hook up my computer to it as well.

OfficeSetup002Medium.jpg

Back when I had a computer in my bedroom/office I had a little Chinese built EL84 amp and a pair of Polk Monitor 10s The source was the line out from my PC.

It sounded pretty good but would have benefited from a subwoofer. Not much bass output from those little Polks.

Posted Image

It was a pretty cool little amp. It had a USB port and SD card slot and would play MP3 files off of a flash drive or card. It also had a FM tuner in it. It didn't have external antenna connections so I never used it. Where I live the only stations I can receive without an outdoor antenna are the local country station and a couple of Spanish language channels.

Here's another shot of it:

Posted Image

At my last job I had this little guy in my office.

Posted Image

Come on gang, what's everyone listening to while they work??

I whistle while I work.

The firewall on our work computers wont allow any streaming media at all.

Whistling works CECAA[Y]

We have the same deal here at my work as we can't stream because it eats up too much bandwidth especially during the day but I've got 200+GB of WMA quality or better files on my external HDD which is just running local. Just hit shuffle and you are good to go with 22,750+ files/songs[;)]

what is the little Sony piece next to your FX-10?

Sony Tuner

We also cannot stream and anything plugged into usb must be encrypted (if you plug in a non-encrypted device the IT security gods drop from the overhead ninja style) so a tuner is all I get. The FX-10 will accept an IPOD but I'm Appleless.

I don't have a pic, but my home office has a pair of JBL Control 25 speakers and an old Onkyo receiver a friend of mine was tossing out. One input is from my pc and the other from my wife's.They handle a fair amount of power and sound good cranked up.

Bruce