Home Theatre Mode

Imageman

What home theatre mode does everybody use?

I know some people go for THX Cinema Mode, but personally I prefer Standard mode on my Pioneer VSX-37TX.

anyone find this to be the case? I'd like ot hear what everyone uses and their reasons for doing so.

TJ

------------------

"Imaging is Everything"

I the NAD T761 Receiver. NAD uses a KISS approach for their 5.1 processing. Beyond Ext 5.1 outputs, they offer one video mode titled Pro Logic. Within that mode, the processor automatically recognizes the selected source as an DD or DTS audio signal. If these signals are not detected, Pro Logic is the default.

For music there is a choice of two channel mode or Enhanced Ambiance Reterval System (EARS) which is their 5 channel stereo mode.

The unit doesn't offer excessive surround modes, but it is very quiet in its swithcing operations and "Dead on Balls"cwm1.gif accurate in sound reproduction(imo)for music only or HT. However, one must be content to listen within the 5.1 domain.cwm19.gif

Wes

------------------

KLIPSCH IS MUSICf>

My Systems f>s>c>

my pre/pro has only thx, surround, stereo or mono. it'll play these on whatever # of speakers i preselect - 6 in my case. or i can change that from the remote by pushing 2 or whatever # of speaks i want playing at the time.

i have the dvdp set up so that if i put in a 2 channel disk it'll play stereo 6. if i put in a dvd w/ dts or dolby 5.1, it'll auto go to surround mode w/ the que from the bitstream.

so basically i go w/ the flow of what i'm playing & usually keep it on all speakers & sub, either stereo or surround. i do have the dig cable tv input set so it automatically goes to thx. & at times switch a dvd movie to thx (gotta get something outta those big bucks i paid for thx Smile.gif).

------------------

My Home Systems Page

This message has been edited by boa12 on 06-13-2002 at 10:00 PM

I have a Sony STR-DE935 Receiver along with a RF3, RC3, SS1 rig. I have been using the Cinema B selection for movies and 2 channel stereo for music.

I am also curious as to what others (Sony users especially) are using because as anyone with a Sony receiver will know, there are about 20 different "sound fields" to choose from and with some sound fields on some movies... it's a tough call to decide which is best (if any).

beach, i started in digital w/ the de935 & still using it in the bedroom for stereo.

i like to use as many speaks & the sub as possible even for 2 channel music. so i tended to use the "live house" for the 2 channel music. though at times, for accuracy listening, i used the stereo mode w/ just the 2 fronts. & "afd" to bring in the sub w/ that at times too.

------------------

My Home Systems Page

I have a Yamaha RXV-3000. For movies I normally use Spectacle 6.1, or Adventure 6.1. For normal television viewing I use TV Variety/Sports.

For watching Music concert videos, I will use the Rock Concert enhanced music soundfield.

All of the above along with the other 51 or so soundfields, make the viewing/listening experience very pleasurable with my Home Theater system

c.s.ex.b for stereo movies in surround,occasionally c.s.ex.a or b when dialogue is not clear.a.f.d.for most music,occasionally live house. avman.

------------------

1-pair klf 30's

c-7 center

ksps-6 surrounds

RSW-15

sony strda-777ES receiver upgraded to v.2.02 including virtual matrix 6.1

sony playstation 2

sony dvpnc 650-v 5-disc dvd/cd/SACD changer

dishnetwork model 6000 HD sat rcvr w/digital off-air tuner

sony kv36xbr450 high-definition 4:3 tv

sharp xv-z1u lcd projector w/84" 4:3 sharp screen

Bello'international Italian-made a/v furniture