RS-52 vs RS-62 Comparison

Youthman

• Moderators

I have always felt that the RS-52's were very capable of keeping up with my RF-83's/RC-64 combo (and still feel that way) but way in the back of my mind, I've always wondered just how much of an "upgrade" would the RS-62's be from the RS-52's. So to ease my mind, I sold my trusty RS-52's to harmony08 and purchased the RS-62's. I thought I would share my thoughts and some pics comparing the RS-52 to the RS-62's.

I had some time to spend with the RS-62's. The first thing I noticed was the weight. These are MUCH heavier than the RS-52's. I'm not sure if the magnets on the 6.25's are that much larger than the 5.25's in the RS-52's. They are definitely larger than the RS-52's when sitting next to each other but after I mounted the RS-62's, they definitely do not look out of place or too big in my 13' x 19' with 10' ceiling room.

I ran through a few of my normal test sources (Avengers, Michael Jackson Live It, Eagles Hell Freezes Over, Kung Fu Panda etc). The RS-62's are definitely a nice upgrade. They are more enveloping and impactful than the RS-52's. The effects from the surrounds were more pronounced as well.

I was definitely smiling and glad I made the upgrade. Now I have the complete matching RF-83 system and could not be happier.

Below are some pics showing the size comparison.

Klipsch-RS-62-1.jpg

Klipsch-RS-62-2.jpg

Klipsch-RS-62-3.jpg

Klipsch-RS-62-4.jpg

Klipsch-RS-62-5.jpg

Klipsch-RS-62-6.jpg

Klipsch-RS-62-7.jpg

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I know what you mean believe me bro. But the facts are facts

the oppo has a noticeably better picture and that alone is huge upgrade. I will

just say this if you hear any bump in audio quality in the rs-52 vs the rs62

(meaning you hear the upgrade) (I made this change at one time). The oppo will and does destroy the ps3 in

everything but playing games (it’s sadly not even close).

You know I’m not an oppo salesman I’m just telling you that the

oppo is all the hype.

• Moderators

the oppo has a noticeably better picture and that alone is huge upgrade.

I don't doubt that it's a great player. I just don't see it being worth $500 out of my pocket (I'm cheap remember). LOL

if you hear any bump in audio quality in the rs-52 vs the rs62

Yes, I believe there is a noticable improvement in the RS-62's over the RS-52's. I'm glad I made the upgrade.

The oppo will and does destroy the ps3 in
everything but playing games (it’s sadly not even close).

I'll pay for shipping both ways if you'll let me borrow yours for a week to see for myself. [:P]

You know I’m not an oppo salesman I’m just telling you that the
oppo is all the hype.

Oppo gets rave reviews (and probably rightfully so). I'm just easy to please. What I have is more than I ever actually dreamed I would have. I love the PQ of my current setup as long as it is dark outside. During daytime, the image washes out some from the ambient light as my projector is 1600 lumens. I would pay $200 - $250 for an Oppo.

• Moderators

So when Oppo comes out with the replacemanet for the 103(113?) find a used 103 cause there are always the people that have to have the latest and greatest and will want to sell their 103.

Precisely what I have learned to do. I'm not one of the latest/greatest guys. I now tend to buy slightly older technology, but not outdated thus allowing me to get much more bang for my buck.

Youthman if I remember you got a pretty good deal on your PS3 and extras.Big Smile

Yes, this super nice forum member hooked me up with an almost new PS3 with original box (which I have in my closet), a 40' HDMI cable and 10 blurays for the price of a PS3. [:D] It has been one of the constants in my evolving HT. To that kind gentleman who sold it to me, I say thanks. [;)]

Nice comparison. I have been thinking about doing the same thing. Recently I added a pair of RB-61's to use as Surround Backs(The cost was the same as the RB-51's, so I thought why not.) and thought these would be nice to have as well...

Just need to see how easily they can adapt to the current position of the RS-52's

• Moderators

I had a pair of RB-61's. They are really great speakers for a bookshelf and would make excellent back surrounds.

I've always read that with a 5.1 setup, it's best to have the wide dispersion type on the sides and when you move to 7.1, add direct firing speakers for the surround back (like the RB-61's) so you should be good to go.

Do you have your RS-52's on the back wall now? If so, I think you will enjoy them even more on the side walls.