My Lab 12 Tapped Horn Build

snailtrax

Second day I cut the rest of the wood and also cut some wood for a stand for the 73 inch

Mitsubishi tv to stand on. The Lab 12 will fit underneath. I designed the stand myself. I am not a wood worker by any means, but I think it

came out alright. I will fill and sand the stand, and finish it with Duratex before I install it. I am also going to roundover the edges

with a router.

post-53155-1381982442346_thumb.jpg

This is either 11 or 13 ply. Depends if you count the veneers. It was the only thing available. Got it from Lowes. Nearly 50 bucks a sheet. Next best was a lot cheaper but crooked as hell and only five plys. It's only money, right.

That plywood looks pretty good, but what you look for is voids in the lamination. The best plywood is imported Baltic Birch or Russian Birch. It is quite expensive, and quite heavy. Baltic Birch is about $58 for a 5' X 5' sheet of 3/4". Compare that 25 square ft of this costs $58, and the laminate veneer stuff you thought you were paying a ton for was $50 for 32 square ft. You are paying an overhead for shipping for sure!

This is either 11 or 13 ply. Depends if you count the veneers. It was the only thing available. Got it from Lowes. Nearly 50 bucks a sheet. Next best was a lot cheaper but crooked as hell and only five plys. It's only money, right.

That plywood looks pretty good, but what you look for is voids in the lamination. The best plywood is imported Baltic Birch or Russian Birch. It is quite expensive, and quite heavy. Baltic Birch is about $58 for a 5' X 5' sheet of 3/4". Compare that 25 square ft of this costs $58, and the laminate veneer stuff you thought you were paying a ton for was $50 for 32 square ft. You are paying an overhead for shipping for sure!

I know. I would have gone with Baltic Birch, But it is only available in half inch in my area.

That's all for tonite. I will be working on this in the evenings after work, if it isn't too cold. Darn full garage. [:@]

I haven't gotten an amp yet. What do you all suggest?

The Bash 300 from PartsExpress or the Oaudio Bash 300?

Which one do you all like and do I have to do any mods to either one to get rid of the Bass boost?

I know. I would have gone with Baltic Birch, But it is only available in half inch in my area.

I used to think that way too but then I made a 1.5 inch thick mdf subwoofer box that is 24X24X24 and weighs box alone somewhere around 125-150 pounds. I never want to move the thing anymore. I forgot to mention, the speaker weighs 80 pounds too.

• 2 weeks later...