The Klipsch Audio Community
Sign in to follow this  
snailtrax

My Lab 12 Tapped Horn Build

Removable access panel is ready for install. Not necessary, but I thought I would add one.

post-53155-13819824991688_thumb.jpg

Removable access panel is held in place with pocket screws. I will paint The Lab tomorrow.

post-53155-13819824993892_thumb.jpg

You are moving right along! For not being a wood worker you already found the use for pocket screws that you will come to use on many projects.

Well it is finished and installed. The Bash bamp is not dialed in yet. I am working on it.

post-53155-1381982531122_thumb.jpg

This thing really kicks butt. I need to know if the Pioneer VSX 1121 receiver can do all the crosssover requirements or do I need anything else?

Looks awesome. I love the access door, great job.[Y]

Yes, you should be able to use the crossover in the receiver as a low pass filter.

Your system is gonna sound nuts. Nice job! The receiver you have is very capable. Get everything hooked up and run MCACC.

Thanks for all the kind words. This thing really kicks azz. You can feel it in the couch 12 feet away. I think I want a second one.

About to build a THT LP and I bought the same Bash 300 amp. Did you just build the box for the amp on the fly or did you find plans somewhere? Looks simple enough just wondering if you need to leave an opening for heat to escape?

I just built it on the fly. Open at top and bottom and covered with grill cloth on the inside. There is some heat even when it is not in use, so I said what the heck, can't hurt it to breathe.